Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
debster
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Where to get a little leather dog collar

we have a 15 week old jack russell pup who weighs 2.6kg, we have a collar on her at the moment that is a cloth adjustable one, i want to know where i can get a small enough leather one for her, we found one in pets at home but it had diamante all over it, not a look i was looking for lol
the problem with the cloth one is where she scratches it it becomes badly frayed and is then difficult to adjust
thanks xx
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2012, 08:28 PM
hey there ,you should be able to pick a good collar at your local pet shop.almost any were you find a pet section.look on line,or get one made..30 dollars can got me a custom collar for my big dog...check for rivits on the back side of a leather collar to see if it will work for your dog..good luck.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Try a search using: small leather dog collar. There are many companies come up and some lovely small collars out there - plain, fancy and even personalised ones.

When you are looking through all the links that come up, click on the co.uk ones
debster
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2012, 10:11 PM
thanks guys i just believe a dog is a dog not a fashion accessory lol and a collar should be functional maybe that is just me lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by debster View Post
thanks guys i just believe a dog is a dog not a fashion accessory lol and a collar should be functional maybe that is just me lol
You can get plain leather collars quite easily. I've got one on my pup (Border Terrier so not a large breed - she's just 21 weeks old and been wearing it for a few weeks now . Unfortunately, I got it from a wholesaler a few years ago so not anywhere I can direct you to really.

However, when I did a quick search there are plenty of companies selling similar ones to the one she is wearing
Indiana
New Member!
Female 

16-02-2012, 06:09 AM
You could probably get one made at a reasonable price by a local saddler. You may even find a local equine store would have something to fit.
Good Luck!