View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 01:50 PM
June, I think you are right about Steve being an outside person. Doesn't help me though. Still I do have the gas fire to fall back on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2016, 02:22 PM
I know it doesn't, he could open the window in his room and turn his heating off though and leave yours alone because you are very obviously not outdoors all day are you!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Just walked Amber and it is really nice out there at the moment.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Steve is cooking the spaghetti bolognaise! I set it all up for him and he has taken over. He has also said that he thought perhaps the larger rad should go back on as it has turned colder. Yippee!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Morning all well is to me on nights, last night finished back Thursday.

June I think your right my Mom (80's) feels the cold very much due to
blood thinning tablets, and less movement. But I would never dream of opening the windows or turning the heating off in fact I raise it for her as the weather turns worse.
Tips I find help her is in the evening about 7p.30ish now before I go to work put a hot water bottle in her bed and her PJ's on the radiator. And also find that she needs/likes the rads on while she is having her toast so set to come on for 8.30am then again for 1ish when she is watching heartbeat and hvaing a bit of lunch. They are on a remote timer but she can't see to press the right button they are small so if she gets cold she put the timer in the fridge for 5 minutes LOL it works for us. She also puts her bodywarmer when she goes up the garden on during the day with Cass. Just one of those things, but try the hotwater bottle or PJ on rads.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Kazz sounds like a good idea. I am not as old as your mum but I am no spring chicken either and of course I do suffer with anaemia.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2016, 05:23 PM
latest

Chains came for chainsaw so had a little go at that bush stump

Don't think I have come across such hard wood before, to get this bit out destroyed one chain but I bought 3 knowing what might happen

Bit difficult to see but the bit on the path is really heavy for its size. kext is to dig out a bit more earth which is like rock and have another go. Certainly ground not been disturbed for years
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to burn it out with acid, not that I know much about doing it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Zen is quite happy to have a go for you Barry, she is bored with nothing to chew, she did make a start on the bricks under the matting this morning before breakfast but they were pretty poor eating
Must get a hot water bottle for myself as the old one developed a leak and it does help my back when it is cold and wet.I am fine with just cold. Always put my t shirts on the radiator overnight once the fire is lit and even my trakkie bottoms if its really horrid out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Or the tumbler if you have one always warm and cosy pj's.
I use a water bottle when it gets cold during the week when Gorden isn't home.

Car not back he rung just gone 4 he had taken it for 100 mile run and no lights on so fingers crossed. he didn't want me to collect this evening as he wants to run it a few miles tomorrow stop and see if it does what it did to me on Thursday. They have been keeping an eye on our mileage and calculated we did about 80 miles last weekend.
If it behaves tomorrow after it's endurance test he will let me have it back. If it plays up he says he is buying a can of petrol and burning it.
Mark and Lauren left about 5 to drop Joel back in Harlow. Mark has just messaged to say they have stopped for a cuppa before returning home. So will probably be home about 8.30 9pm.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >