View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Brenda and Griff that is lovely of Norma.

Stripped Steve's bed and put clean covers on it and a clean duvet as well as he has been sweating profusely. Glad I have spare duvets for each bed. Don't know how long his other duvet is going to take to dry but no hurry it can stay out on the line overnight.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Still got another lot of washing to do as well, wish I had two machines. My Sheets will have to wait until tomorrow!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Harvey yep that is on top of the years I did at Shoreham Training Club, probably about 10 more. Goodness that ages me. Time for a change maybe. Who knows. Off to take mine out now. bfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Been a beautiful sunny afternoon, was 18 degrees in my car.
Got a reasonable haul of bones, and all freezers jam packed.
Glad to hear Nippy is fine, but sorry not to have heard from her recently, she must be very busy.
How lovely of Norma, Brenda. She is such a nice person isn't she. Congratulations on all the years you've put in helping people with their new puppies and dogs, you must have the patience of a saint
Lynn, hoping you sort the driveway and poo issues out, its not nice at all.
Griff, thats dreadful about the accident. My friend was headed home from here yesterday and she was delayed by no less than 3 accidents, so sad when you think of the families involved.
Got the washer on, should be mopping the kitchen floor or hoovering, I'm doing neither at the moment.Maybe my Get Up And Go will return soon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Hi nice morning with Beth nothing actually resolved immediately about the drive but it will be done Paul said he is fed u of parking the van on the road so i offered out services one weekend he also said it's getting rid of the rubbish. We have an incinerator and loads of garden debris to burn plus a load of rubbish to take to the dump. So for now no further improvement but we will get there slowly.

brenda congratulations and a nice gesture from Norma.

Here a few photos of Saturday.
First one is from a while back. Think that is castle acre.
Then the ones of Saturday Dillon at Welney and a couple of Castle acre priory.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160330_111840651.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	5245   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161001_095133061_HDR.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	5246   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161001_095348577.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	5247   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161001_140032274.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	5248   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161001_140128210.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	5249  

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Here a couple of the Saturday we spent with Michael at the Grapes pub part owned by sir Ian McKellen.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160924_134158952_HDR.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	5252   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160924_134208679_HDR.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	5253  
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2016, 04:29 PM
He looks really happy there Lynn, castle is beautiful, must have been really imposing before it was destroyed.
Get you,outside Sir Ian McKellan's pub eh?
Not much news on the Bernese at training. All a bit peculiar really. As we walked in she was there with it, two leads and she had a short stick and was walking in and out of the gateway using the stick to make it walk through, which I found not very clever actually and my face must have shown it, because she then said it didn't like going through gates, and I thought well that won't help because the way she was holding the stick at some points was in front of its face.
Then she turned up in the Silver class, apparently because the dog doesn't like people, there is some sort of inference it is a rescue. Looks young to me, and then I noticed two check chains on it with two leads She was walking it round the dogs in class and no one bothered really, apart from the ones that are gobby anyway, Zen lay down and ignored it. Then she weaved in and out of us all,left the stick on the ground, was tempted to pick it up and chuck it, but I stayed put. Then she went saying she didn't want to overdo things for the dog. Talks very posh and reminds me of Joanna Lumley. At the moment I want to slap her, will resist temptation and find out more,IF she gets rid of that Bluddy stick
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Well if it is a rescue and has issues (nerves) that certainly is not the way to go with this breed.
Like you I would of found it very hard to hold my tongue but my face would of said otherwise too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Like you say June patience of a saint. With dogs but people not so much. I wonder why she is using a stick. Mind you sometime ago there was a new fangled way of training brought in using a stick called a pointer. Never sure why! You should ask her. June the hoovering will always be there tomorrow. Off for an early read. TV useless on Tuesdays for me after 9. Looked it up, it is called a training stick. Huh!? Another way of making money.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2016, 08:41 PM
0Evening all, busy day up here the weather has been perfect for working outside. We've been clearing some smaller ash trees (this time I avoided ripping my arm up! lol !). My hardworking canine companions spent most of the time stretched out in the sun - busy doing absolutely nothing! Seems they have rewarded themselves with some sort of doggy Bank Holiday.
Even the dreaded Danger Curls had given up her relentless quest for rats etc and was being both quiet and well behaved (could she be sickening for something? lol ! ).
June - I am surprised that the Training club allow someone to wave a stick about. Out of order in my book - doubly so if the dog has issues - it's not going to help, probably the reverse.
Lynn - How fancy is that - swanning about outside Gandalf's Boozer.
Good to hear that Norma and Nippy are A OK and just taking a breather - don't doubt they'll be back with us soon enough - well let's hope so.
Brenda - Congratulations on reaching the 20 year milestone @ Lancing. It is quite an acheivement and one of which you should be rightly proud!
Griff - hope the toe is on the improve.
Back later - bye fer now.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >