Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 01:48 PM

if you could?

after looking at the "list your top 5 breeds" thread i wondered how many of you would if in an ideal world have the 5 breeds on your list all in one go? like if space was no worry and you had all the money you would need? some lists are similar and then some (like mine ) completely vary. can numerous dogs of different sizes and completely different mentalities all live together in peace? so would you if you could, have all the dogs you want?
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I think it would be a bit of a handful having a st bernard a pyrenean mountain dog, a bernese mountain dog and 2 newfies, even if space wasn't a problem!
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I would Like
Rottie
HWV
a small dog terrier
OES
Lurcher
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
I think it would be a bit of a handful having a st bernard a pyrenean mountain dog, a bernese mountain dog and 2 newfies, even if space wasn't a problem!
do you think all of these dogs could live together happily though? If you could cope as an owner

Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
I would Like
Rottie
HWV
a small dog terrier
OES
Lurcher
yes but would you have all of the breeds in one go? so they could all live together? or do you think some breeds of dogs dont get on together, or shouldnt live together?
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
do you think all of these dogs could live together happily though? If you could cope as an owner
I don't see why not, although this is just my doggie dream team, I don't have any experience of owning any of them first hand.

As an owner i don't think I could cope, no. 1 pooch is enough for me.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 02:33 PM
the reason i asked is because i want so many different breeds, i love lots of them, but some i just cant see living together. although at the end of the day they are all dogs and all do the same thing so i dont see why it wouldnt work i just suppose the owner would have to be careful enough to watch what went on with each dog.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't remember that thread, but yes I would have 5 living together. I like gundog breeds and generally they are very compatible with each other. I have an "odd" combination with my two gundog breeds and a toy breed, but it works. They are not compatible in some senses (like walking), but apart from that we don't have any issues.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I don't remember that thread, but yes I would have 5 living together. I like gundog breeds and generally they are very compatible with each other. I have an "odd" combination with my two gundog breeds and a toy breed, but it works. They are not compatible in some senses (like walking), but apart from that we don't have any issues.
the thread isnt "would you have 5 living together" but list your "top 5 favourite breeds" so i thought i would do a thread on the fact that would you ever have your 5 breeds living together. i like a right mixture of breeds, from gundogs all the way down to chis lol im random i no but its soo hard to just choose one
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 03:17 PM
IMO five different breeds of dog would be difficult and dont think you would find many people would be in that situation. I draw the line at 3!!
people with 4plus dogs tend to have the same breed from what I have seen.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 03:38 PM
my friend has a dallie, doberman, pom, standard poodle and an irish wolfhound..hows that for variety!!!...all get on great!

My top 5 breeds are:

GSD
Border collie
Rottweiler
Irish water spaniel
weimeraner

I would have all the breeds together, except the iws, they are a naturally more timid breed and i dont think they would fit in with the other breeds.

I have 2 of the above breeds and am gonna add a 3rd next year
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >