View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Wow, there are so many stories telling of how you named each of your dogs and some wonderful names too. I love unsual names and there are plenty here.
I have been blessed to own some wonderful furbies in the past. There was ....
Tweed .... yorkie
Liffey .... yorkie
Tasche .... yorkie
Rosie .... toy poodle
Aysha .... toy poodle
And going back further into my childhood, my parents had ...
Boomer .... GSD
Konnel .... GSD
Dweezil ..... a lovely x breed that was found dumped by the side of the road.
Thanks for all your replies. They have made very interesting reading. Not just for the names you have chosen but the reasons behind them too.
Clipper & the furry gang.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Hi Clipper, I'm sorry this is off topic, but how did you go from owning Yorkie's and Toy Poodles to OES, I'm just being nosey
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Hi CLMG, I know it is a bit of a jump from yorkies and poodles to OES. LOL My husband had always wanted an OES from when he was a child but his parents weren't really into dogs, so he had to wait until he met me. LOL I already had both Rosie and Aysha when we met, he did love them but had asked if he could pick the next dog when we were looking for a new one. I stupidly said OK without thinking of what he would want. So when we lost wee Rosie and were down to only having Aysha, he sprung his surprise. Well I had said he could choose, so an OES is what we went looking for. My only stipulation was that it should be undocked. It took us nearly a year and a half but eventually we got Fernie. Then two years later we lost little Aysha and looked for almost a year until we got Gair.
Unfortunately,last year, I had to chuck the hubby out for cheating on me, so now it is just me and the boys but I do think I got the best end of the deal. I can't see me changing my breed again, I am a total convert this these wonderfully hairy bundles of fun.
Clipper & the furry gang
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 03:41 PM
hehe this thread is great! When I brought Flower home...all she did as soon as I put her down in the garden for a tiddle, was pull the flower heads off!!! And thats how she became a Flower herself... xxx
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Defa - it was his original name - interesting as its an anagram of Deaf - his original owners had him for a year without realising that he had been born...deaf
His activities register name is one of his nick-names - Smeefie Deef

Gremlin - she has daft ears and reminded me of the sweet little Magwi from the film

Willow - the name given to him in Rescue - I did`nt change it as he is also deaf so he could`nt care less what his name is anyway

Fluke - [ long explanation, sorreeee and copy/pasted from another thread to same typing it all out again lol ] - When I was ready to adopt a new dog I searched everywhere for a deaf Collie in rescue but there were none anywhere at the time.
During my search I noticed in passing a Lurcher called Blue on the Wiccaweys pages.
Eventually I went back to him to follow up the possibility of adoption when I came across him elsewhere as well, it was as though he was following me around sending subliminal messages saying ` adopt meeeeee, you know you want to take me home, make the call `

Reason he was on the Wiccs pages was to help Whitelodge Longdogs rescue home him as Sarah from Wiccs had assessed him as being very Collie predominant in his ways, [ he is Collie x Saluki ] so suited to a collie savvy home, [ a spot on assessment of him it was too ].

I went on to adopt him but changed his name to Fluke, party because of the book of that name being a favourite of mine but also the fact that it really was a case of sheer luck that there were no deaf dogs around at the time - pretty unusual really - so he was in just right place at the right time for he and I.
His activities register name, in honour of Defa who is the reason my crew get to try agility, is Smeefs Apprentice

Silk - named by her rescue fosterers, it suits her beautifully and I could`nt have picked a better name for her in a month of Sundays
Her activities register name is Wiccaweys Pure Silk *swoon*

T`Akaya - her name was inspired by an episode of Stargate, T`Akaya is the name of a good alien posing as a spirit guardian for a tribe of Salish Indians displaced from earth by the Goa`uld [ bad guys ], and I adopted her from Wiccaweys so her activities register name is `Wiccaweys T`Akaya of Salish` :smt007
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4