Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 06:11 PM

Am I being selfish?

Two years ago, when we lost our last dear doggy (nippy) we made up our minds we wouldn't have another dog. We would spend some time on us, holidays etc.
Our Daughter kept on with us to have another, it would be no problem she would always look after it etc etc.
Yesterday I emailed her a list of 3 dates for next year when we would like to treat ourselves to a cruise because it will be our Ruby wedding anniversary.
Tonight she has rung to say she can't do any of them.
I am so upset I have cried buckets. We can't put Mo in kennals cos of her hole in the heart, she gets too stressed.
Looks like we will have to forgo our celebration holiday I know if you take on any animal you have to make sacrifices but I really thought the problem was sorted.
Hugs please
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 06:18 PM

I don't think you're being selfish at all. Your daughter could of been a little more accomodating though, after all, it was her that bugged you into getting another dog
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Perhaps you might have to find a reason as to why you can't help her out when she needs something from you. It might get the message home to her
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Good thinking lizziel there will come a time I'm sure
Wolfie, thanks for that hug it really made me laugh, it was what I needed
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2007, 06:27 PM
dont know if this helps when we had b who had heart problems we found a kennel that was prepared to give her the extra tlc she needed, dunno if maybe you can find 1 the same.
also i asked this question at our vets recently with thinking tob will have to go throught treatment for cancer and a holiday looming, they offer a service to owners where they also board etc dont know if it would be possible for mo with yours.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 06:45 PM
No of course your not being selfish, plus you only celebrate your ruby anniversary once!!!

Keep in contact
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 06:48 PM
As you may know leo we had Mo via an animal shelter, so I am considering contacting them. They have foster homes and I am wondering whether it would be possible to find a foster carer for her
One other possibility has croppped up, that I can also think about.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
No of course your not being selfish, plus you only celebrate your ruby anniversary once!!!

Keep in contact
Thanks Trixybird, I will. Next year is a long way away I suppose, anything could happen
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 06:51 PM
just another suggestion there are people out there that will care for your dog in their own home and i am sure if you found someone they might be able to cater for the dog's extra needs. basically the dog lives as part of the family

sue
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
just another suggestion there are people out there that will care for your dog in their own home and i am sure if you found someone they might be able to cater for the dog's extra needs. basically the dog lives as part of the family

sue
Thats the sort of thing I'm after. More research needs to be done I think
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >