Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2013, 07:16 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone.
Seems quite mild outside at the moment I have only stuck my nose out of the door though while letting Dillon out. It is dry so for that I am grateful.

Popped over to have a quick glance at the last nights late night chatter which I missed.
I can't see any mention of poorly doggies so that's good.
I have seen Norma and her OH were unwell so hope they are feeling better today and that Sal your OH is being difficult again due to his cast being uncomfortable. I hope when he is feeling less moody and in less pain he shows his appreciation of how hard you are working at the moment on his behalf.
Sorry to hear the car failed its MOT.
Helena sorry to hear Dave is having yet more problems with all this mortgage business it does get you down when you just think you are out of the woods and some bright spark throws another curve ball.
Camper van here we come then so it seems. If our finances ever get back to what they use to be I would like another one.
Sally I hope the dinner went well and the bunions didn't give you to much grief.
June lovely picture of the babies with their bones. You should be very proud of how you have handled this situation with Sasha and the babies. You have done an amazing job.

We are off to Bishops Stortford later to the travel clinic for Gorden to get his jabs for Nigeria he flies out next Sunday but it is only two days now instead of the four. It is worth it money wise as he would of been on holiday that week (half term) and working in the local school as a consultant and not on the pay roll meant he would not get paid so for that reason although less money still worth doing.
I didn't go to my friends/neighbours funeral yesterday Gill's news Thursday sort of threw me and I hadn't seen Ali for years although I had tried to keep in touch but her illness must of prevented her from getting back to me. I will ring her OH in the week and apologise for not turning up.
I did boring shopping instead which desperately needed doing and had Ali in my thoughts all day and her family.

If there are any poorly dogs or humans out there get well soon.
Take care and have an enjoyable Saturday.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning Lynn and all

Good news that Gorden will have a couple of days work in the half term.

I am sorry you missed your friend's funeral, sometimes we get an overload of bad things going on to be able to cope with it all.

Not a lot happening here, I am working all day, good thing I looked at the location chart as I didn't think I was having worked the last four!

I hope everyone who has been unwell is feeling better and that all of our dogsey dogs are fit and healthy.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning Lynn, Gerry and everyone

Glad to hear Gorden will be off soon to do the two days in Nigeria, but I would imagine there will be quite a few of those jabs before he goes, so hope none of them affect him too much. I'm not surprised you didn't get to the funeral after Gill's devastating news and I'm sure her family will understand.

Gerry good job you checked that rota out then!! Hope your cousin is getting better too.

Sal, good luck taking o/h to get his cast checked out, I bet he's wrong, well, I hope he's wrong!

When I got up, the whole sky was red and pink, it really looked beautiful, but for one moment only, now it's gone, and I don't think red in the morning is a good omen is it, but we shall see as the snow has now been cancelled and changed to heavy rain.

We'll be off out with Zena again this morning, might go down the beach as the tide is right for the sand, or we will go back up the top there.

I'm going to pop Zena up to the vets to get her weight checked again, and I do hope she's lost a bit more, cos this poor dog is starving and I'd hate to think I've got to cut her back even more. Another half a kilo would be good, just for me to know I'm doing it slowly enough, afterall, she's far from "fat", just that we want her back down to 37 kgs like she always was.

Anyhoo, at least it's the week-end now, so hopefully, you can all relax a little bit, except for Sal and Lorraine who always seem to be on the go no matter what day it is!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Good morning Lynn.

There's crispy, white frost down here so it's freezing at the moment. Yesterday turned out to be lovely. No rain, no snow, very little wind and even some sunshine in parts. It was a degree or two warmer too. Now winter days like yesterday I can cope with . The weatherman was right though, it did start raining early afternoon so we definitely made the right decision in going earlier.

I hope that Gorden gets on OK with the jabs. When Dave went out to Ghana some years ago, he had to prepare very quickly with only a couple of day's notice. He had to have a cocktail of jabs and the loon went to meet his mate for a game of golf straight after. Said mate turned up with him on the doorstep a couple of hours later as he had started shaking uncontrollably on the golf course. He was right as ninepence after another couple of hours, but it was a bit scary while it lasted. I've still got everything crossed that your Gorden lands one of the other jobs that have come up recently. With all the effort he's put in to get a permanent position, he well and truly deserves to land the perfect job.

Nowt much going on here today. The books I ordered should come either today or Monday, but I'm not waiting in for them. Our postie is excellent and knows to leave them in the garage and drop the door down again if we're not here.

All calm on the Rosie front still thank heavens. It's so lovely to see her back to her normal self and wanting to do things.

I'm supposed to be popping over to college in East Yorkshire next Tuesday for a meeting. I only found out about it yesterday and guess what the forecast is for Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday - you've got it, more snow!! Thankfully, they know I'm phobic about the stuff so they won't be expecting me if it does come down. I'll feel very guilty about missing it if I have to though as I missed the last one as it was the day after Gary's accident.

Shower and a cuppa for me now.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn - I hope the jabs go well for Gorden and you have a pleasant day.

Moet - Just as well you checked the rota. I hope today goes well at work.

Helena - Enjoy your beach walk and I hope Zena is still losing the weight ... I'm not. However, the amount of sand Zena could have on her could make here weight more. .... and the scales could look like a beach by the end of her weigh in.

Chris - I'm wishing you a relaxing Saturday and hope your books arrive.

This morning I got to have a lie in. Its only about the 4th time this year that I got to sleep past 7.00
The boys have been out, fed and are back fast asleep on the settee .... what a life I'm popping down to a neighbours now to see her new horse which she has just arrived back from Cornwall with.

See you all later after I've been out for a decent walk with the boys.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Morning Lynn,morning all

Dark and wet here this morning.

Off shopping with Lizzie
O/H said his cast doesn't feel too bad this morning and he will see how he goes today because he doesn't want to sit in A&E for hours
He is driving me around the bend slowly

A few hours shopping will be good and a little break for me

Have a good day all x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Morning Lynn and all

Can't stop have to take Kyiro to vets now as something has happened during the night. He can barely walk a few steps and then seems like he can't co=ordinate his legs on his left side. He is either in a huge amount of pain or has had some kind of stroke.
I will update you all later.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
O/H said his cast doesn't feel too bad this morning and he will see how he goes today because he doesn't want to sit in A&E for hours
He is driving me around the bend slowly
It could be that that part of the leg is periodically swelling. That's what happened with my foot. I didn't go back, but rang up a couple of times to say the pain was 'normal'.

It wasn't. When the cast came off my foot was double size and the brightest crimson and purple you have ever seen. Fortunately, it did go right again, but I was told I should have gone back <sigh>.

If it hurts him again, straight back to the clinic. It's not worth suffering, honestly it's not
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Morning all.

Madmare I am sorry to hear about your dog. I hope it turns out not to be serious and will check for an update. Fingers crossed for you.

I made myself do the boring 'real' work on the computer last night so I wouldn't have to do it today as the weather has been so nice.

Alas today is overcast, damp and miserable. So I am off to do a bit of shopping instead, dog's been walked and met LOADS of her doggy mates today (including some new puppies) and had a whale of a time with them. She is now zonked out on my bed.

We are getting a new opposite neighbour on the landing in a week or so. And it is the lady that owns the dog that is one of Bella's best pals! Should be fun! (That or they will drive us both crazy trying to get to each other!)
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all

Can't stop have to take Kyiro to vets now as something has happened during the night. He can barely walk a few steps and then seems like he can't co=ordinate his legs on his left side. He is either in a huge amount of pain or has had some kind of stroke.
I will update you all later.
Oh Bev, I hope all goes well. Will it never end for Kyiro - poor lad has definitely been through the mill and deserves to come out the other side now xxx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »