Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 07:46 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all you Dogsey Peops

Well, not only was I surprised to wake up today, but I've just looked outside and it's all still there, all intact just as it was when I went to bed, so I can only assume those Mayan's ran out of calendar or summat!

However, the weather forecast was indeed correct unfortunately, it's tipping it down outside, had to put Zena's coat on before she'd even think about going out there for a wee. She still seems ok, waggy tail this morning when I got up, but then she refused her biscuits when she came back indoor, so we'll have to see how it goes later.

I hope you're all off work now until after Christmas, so you're probably enjoying a nice lie in as it's Saturday. We'll be off down the beach again for a long walk along the top, we have to go somewhere, and it least there we can stay clean (ish).

Lynn, I hope Dillon has been a good boy for you this morning and hoping his paw isn't giving him probs. Jenny (down in the West) I hope it's not torrential again for you, not forgetting Rosebud who seems to have been having it really bad over there, and grandma I do hope that puter of yours is behaving itself for you to stay with us on here. Not forgetting you Linda with your top heavy decked tree, I hope you still have some decs left on it June that pic you posted up last night has melted my heart here with those babies peeking out of their Palace I hope they had a comfy night in there.

Well, that's it for me, will be off out soon when it gets lighter, enjoy yours whatever you're up to.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Morning Helena and everyone who follows,

Tipping it down outside and its still dark .... ugh!!
The dogs wanted to go out but ran and hid when I go their coats, so out we all went and the dogs came back soaking - that's the last time they don't have their coats on. They were only in the garden for 5 minutes as well

Eeeek, I've just noticed my battery is about to go flat. Off to plug it in.

See you all in a couple of hours.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Morning H and all,
No more work thill Thursday Yippee.
I am off to the vets yet again for another bandage change for Kyiro and then I have to brave Asda.
On a positive note we are still here, but on a not so positive note I was not sold the winning euro millions ticket I clearly requested. So i can't get a cleaner in, which means I will have to do the housework and ironing myself again.
Oh well have a good day all and stay safe with all the problems this rain is causing.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Morning Jenny Absolutely awful out there isn't it, no wonder yours didn't want to go out either, but decided it would be better without the coats Yep, better recharge those batteries we don't want you going awol on us along with Malka. Enjoy your day Jen
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,
No more work thill Thursday Yippee.
I am off to the vets yet again for another bandage change for Kyiro and then I have to brave Asda.
On a positive note we are still here, but on a not so positive note I was not sold the winning euro millions ticket I clearly requested. So i can't get a cleaner in, which means I will have to do the housework and ironing myself again.
Oh well have a good day all and stay safe with all the problems this rain is causing.
Morning Bev Same problem here, I just checked mine OMG you going to Asda today??? Better get yourself down there now methinks!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Morning H!!!
Hope Zena is okay and that you have a fab walk.
I managed an unbroken nights sleep last night, our current foster is somewhat senile and has had us up every night for a while. She started on vivitonin yesterday and she slept through! I was somewhat concerned about whether she was still alive when I got up but she is...although she is very quiet so my concern is still there I have to admit. She always takes a while to wake up so I will see how she goes if I try to get her off her bed later! Bless her!
Today is my mad busy cleaning day. What fun....tomorrow the madness begins in earnest, moving tables so we can fit 9 in etc etc etc. Can't wait
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey morning Ailsa Great to see you in here Oh bless her heart, I know all about senile and how it takes them so long to wake up with old Georgie. You sound very excited, not about the cleaning, but the bit after!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Bev Same problem here, I just checked mine OMG you going to Asda today??? Better get yourself down there now methinks!
UnfortunatlyI can't go now as after my shower its off to the vets. Not looking forward to Asda as its on the busiest junction in town and there has been reports of people queing for 45 mins to get out.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Greetings all..

Well, drama here. When I went to get the dogs in from the outside utility.. collie was sodden and behold! A flood in there...blankets floating etc.

Clearly a pipe in the old pump has blown; seen this before in the other house so knew the sound well.

So I turned the water pump and all associated with it OFF and called the landlord who is calling the plumber. Being Ireland I stressed that this needs sorting NOW.
Else it gets left.

This for me is the great thing re renting.. maintenance etc.

Inside the house is fine thankfully.

Dried collie off, and wee dog was hysterical as she gets..

Storm in good shape out there ....

Ah well; should be fixed by Christmas!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hey morning Ailsa Great to see you in here Oh bless her heart, I know all about senile and how it takes them so long to wake up with old Georgie. You sound very excited, not about the cleaning, but the bit after!!!
Bless old Georgie!
Yes, I am a bit excited but I know what I'm gettiing......shhhhhhh................

Bless her, she's a lovely if somewhat batty old girl. She's a 15 year old collie and she had 16 teeth out about 3 weeks ago! (In answer to the question that everyone thinks immediately when I say that...42!)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »