Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:07 AM

Benji scratching again near his eye.

Got up this morning and look what Benji has just done to himself. He isn't scratching anywhere else but just his muzzle area and usually the right side. He hasn't touched his ears at all like he used to. I first noticed a few days ago that his right eye area was darker than his left one but thought maybe it was just tear staining but he has started making it bleed so I have booked him in at the vets tonight - just hope they can suggest why he is scratching again I strongholded him 3 weeks ago and did him again this week but doesn't seem to be making any difference.

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
oooo that does look sore i hope the vets can sort him out
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Poor Benji,
Foxy that looks really sore,he looks like he's been in a punch up.
Hope the vet can sort him out,poor thing
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad
Poor Benji,
Foxy that looks really sore,he looks like he's been in a punch up.
Hope the vet can sort him out,poor thing
It's not that bad actually, just a few little sores, I have bathed it with some salt in boiled water but it is a bit scary that he is scratching near his eyes because he could do some damage. I am just wondering if the Stronghold is becoming ineffective towards the mites now because we have used it a lot
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by griff
oooo that does look sore i hope the vets can sort him out
Thanks Griff
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:51 AM
ask your vet about Advocate its what i use on my lot as delaney had demodetic mange,through a combination of alludex baths and advocte it cleared and i have kept up the advocate monthly and i have not had anymore trouble with mites and never seen a flea
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
awww wee hugs for benji
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by griff
ask your vet about Advocate its what i use on my lot as delaney had demodetic mange,through a combination of alludex baths and advocte it cleared and i have kept up the advocate monthly and i have not had anymore trouble with mites and never seen a flea
Okay thanks Griff I will ask him - although he has just been Strongholded the other day so I don't think I would be able to do him for a couple of weeks.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 10:15 AM
aww poor benji poos that looks real nasty bless him i hope you can find something that will help with the scratching,my sisters cav is scratching all the time hes now started to bite his leg and make it bleed theve been to the vets and they gave her cream but hes still scratching like mad aww big hugs to benji
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
aww poor benji poos that looks real nasty bless him i hope you can find something that will help with the scratching,my sisters cav is scratching all the time hes now started to bite his leg and make it bleed theve been to the vets and they gave her cream but hes still scratching like mad aww big hugs to benji
Thanks Jenn.
Just wondered if your sisters Cav has had his anal glands emptied recently because my sister used to have two Cavaliers and I think they sometimes scratched and bit their back legs when their anal glands needed emptying. I am half wondering whether Benji scratching his muzzle could be anything to do with his anal glands because he hasn't had them emptied for a while - I am going to ask the vet to check them tonight.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >