Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:19 PM

The last of the great ladies in my life :(

My Great Aunt is in hospital extremely poorly
She's not responding to treatment and the Dr's have given her until Monday before they stop the treatment, they believe that she'll quietly slip away when treatments stopped

Her body is just too old and is slowly shutting down on itself, mind you she is 98

She was like Gran to me, my gran died when I was very young so I don't really remember her much but my great aunt was brill She is my grans' sister and the last of the grandparents era in my life.

I have so many wonderful memories of her and I'll miss her so much even though the last few years have taken their toll on her mind - well just taken it really, she just doesn't recognise anyone, it's such a shame She doesn't even know she's in hospital, or recognise her daughter anymore.

I trying to remember the good times and at 98 you can't say she hasn't had a 'good innings' and I suppose if you've gotta go, this must be one of the more peaceful ways to go.

It's going to be such a sad weekend, just waiting for the phonecall on monday to see if she's rallied (highly unlikely) or if treatments been stopped, it's not cancer or anything like that just stuff not working properly anymore She lives in Swansea now with her daughter so I can't even go and visit, I'm not sure if that's a blessing or not respect for her would make me however I saw my Grandad the day before he died and it took me ages to stop seeing him like that I think I prefer to remember her a few years ago after we got her tipsy she was about 90 I think and it was sooooo funny

Can I have some of them famous Dogsey vibes please so she can pass easily and peacefully
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry.

My Grandma was the best person I ever knew. She died at 89, not knowing her daughter (my mum) or me

Yet, I don't think about that. I think about when I sat on her knee, and she read me Red Riding Hood for the 10th time that day, and smiled....

Hugs to you, and peaceful sleep to your Great Aunt xx
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Aw Leanne

Big Hugs to you Sweetheart.

Positive vibes winging their way over to your Great Aunt. Hopefully your Grandma will come and take her peacefully.

I still light a candle every night for my mum. Try it, it does soothe. xxxxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Bless you, hugs and vibes from here. I hope her passing is peaceful.

I lost my favourite aunt last year at 96 years, she was the last of that generation I thought she would live forever! Always had a twinkle in her eye. I am now surrogate mum to her son who has mental health issues.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm so sorry x
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2012, 10:01 PM
(((Hugs))) leanne. Sending lots of positive vibes to your great aunty.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I am so sorry, - A rotten time for you at the moment; just keep concentrating on those good memories that you have.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Big hugs to you xxxxx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Vibes winging their way to you great aunt for a very peaceful passing and the biggest of hugs for you and your family to help you through this very sad time.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 10:32 PM
I have tears in my eyes reading that, as the love and affection you have for your great aunt shines through. I lost my darling gran 2 years ago, she was more like a mother to me in so many ways, and I adored her. Like your great aunt, at the end, well for 3 years before actually, she knew no one, and it broke my heart. I knew she would have hated to be like that, and it was a blessing when she passed. Doesn't make it any easier though

Sending hugs and peaceful thoughts, that your great aunt can slip quietly away without any pain or discomfort.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >