Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Thanks for the advice. Im just keeing an eye on the bites after taking a couple of anti histimines. One is a lot worse than the other though. Feels warm to to the touch too so probably infected so Im putting antiseptic on it.
If you were only bitten today and have not scratched the bites then it is not really likely that it could be infected so quickly. The warmth is probably generated by the histamines released by your body in response to the bite, hence anti-histamines [oral and/or topical] ease the irritation.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 05:42 PM
I take anti-histamines because if I don`t I come up in huge lumps. I use Boots Hay Fever Relief tablets cos they`re cheap.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Earlier in the year there were a lot of articles about a particular fly which is tiny and which leaves an exceptionally nasty bite.........many people end up at the doc with it. They are mostly found around rivers, ponds or any water actually.

I can't remember the name of the wretched things (not surprising - I barely can remember the names of my friends ) -this year is rather bad for them apparently, whatever they are.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 07:07 PM
It looks like a mozzy bite to me. I get them alot and last year I got about 4 on one leg and had a bad reaction. I went to the walk-in centre and they put me on antibiotics.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 08:34 PM
YUp, warmth now is probably just your body reacting to it, an infection would take a little while to set in. I had a mozzie bite me right on the joint bit on my little finger the other night and it went really swollen, it initially felt warm but don't think it was infected. I kept popping some Savlon on just incase (OH jokes that I'd use Savlon on a broken bone maybe it just has a placebo effect on me!) and took an antihistamine and it went down (and has stayed down)
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 10:03 PM
They look like the bites my mum has and we can't figure out what they are. She's the only one been bitten which is strange as it's usually me that attracts the bitey/stingy things.

I've had 2 bites leave scars this year, one on my wrist and one on my forehead. Walking round for 6 weeks with a huge red lump with a black bit in the middle of it on your forehead is fun.... No idea what bit me but it must have been the T Rex of the insect world!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I had two of the same bites a few weeks ago They itched like crazy. I just used some savalon bites and sting cream, it helped They did take a few weeks to go though.....

Hope you get some relief soon xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2