Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Puppy Protest
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Peaceful Protest at Petworld Sun 12th Dec at 12 noon

Here we go again. This is the man who was selling sick, puppy farm puppies at Select Pets at Sundridge. He has a big new store and has recently got his license to sell puppies just in time for Christmas! We want to show him that we haven't forgotten about him. Lets show him and the people who live nearby that we meant what we said. We warned his new neighbours that there would be robberies and he has had parrots stolen. We also warned them that there would be protests. He still has no planning permission for change of use and maybe pressure from the locals would make the council do something about it.

The address is Petworld, Orpington Bypass, Badgers Mount, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 7AP
Puppy Protest
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Well the weather looks OK for tomorrow and I have made new signs for the protest. The local paper should be there so please come along if you can. It is very close to Jct 4 of the M25. This was the last article about him when he started up there.

http://beta.thisiskent.co.uk/news/Co...r&success=true
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Best of luck!

There is spirit only, I'm afraid.
Puppy Protest
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks anyway John and it was good to meet you last week.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-12-2010, 07:11 PM
i cant go, is there any other way i can support?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 07:20 PM
"Product information" and "price per unit" awful!!

The quality of most of those puppies looks awful.
Puppy Protest
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
i cant go, is there any other way i can support?
We do not have a petition for this as we did that last time with the council and they did tighten up the conditions on the license.

One way that everyone can help generally is to go to Puppy Love and download and print and distribute their leaflets. I put them in pet shops, garden centres and my vet but anywhere that people will see them is good. This will help raise awareness and help educate people not to buy pet shop puppies

http://www.puppylovecampaigns.org/posters.shtml
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Good luck with your protest.
Puppy Protest
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Well I was rather worried beforehand as I only knew of 2 of us definitely going but we ended up with 12! At least 4 of these were local residents who had seen it in the local paper. They are very concerned and will be talking to the council about his lack of planning. They also provided tea and coffee and the offer of a loo and parking for next time! A local rescue and animal welfare group also stopped to offer support at the next protest. The only thing that could have been slightly better was that the photographer from the local paper came when there were only 4 of us but great that he came and there will be an article next week. We had lots of hooting from passing cars and hardly anyone went into the shop during the 3 hours that we were there.