View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2005, 03:34 PM

Does Anyone Know anything about Budgies.

My friend today asked me (knowing I had a computer) if I would go 'on the net' and try to find out what is wrong with her Budgie. He has a sore spot on the top of his head, she said almost as is he had been rubbing it, it looks to be almost bleeding. I asked if he may have mites. But she said he had been to the Vet and they told her there is nothing wrong with him and charged her £15. :smt009
But she is still worried about him, so I said I would try to help. But the only site I go on is (of course) DW. So I just wondered if anybody had any ideas please.
Thank You,
AnneX
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 03:39 PM
anne she needs to see a proper avarian vet
some normal vets are okay but they don,t know a awful lot about birds,i know as it has happened to me in the past
i couldn,t really say what is up with the poor budgie myself but hope it gets sorted out soon
if it is bleeding then it really doe,s need looking at as birds cannot afford to even lose a tiny bit of blood as they don,t hold much in thier bodies
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Thank You Jackie, I have just phoned Anne (My friend) and told her what you said. She agrees, but we are stuck round here, I think most of our vets only look after cats or dogs. But there is one in the next town which may be OK. Anne said that her bird was at her mum's for a week and she was wondering if he may have been stressed. As her mum said he wouldn't come out of his cage, He is out most of the day at home. So I am inclined to agree that it could be stress. She says he is fine in himself and flying around great. Also he isn't bleeding but it looks a funny colour, maybe it is just because his feathers have come out.
Anyway she will let me know how he goes on , hopefully.
Thank you and Best Wishes from Two Anne's
XX
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi, I have 2 budgies,it sounds like stress to me, obviously didn't like being left with Anne's mum...He should get back to normal now he is home again....
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:08 PM
hi anne

yes i agree,maybe the bird was stressed
just tell her to keep a eye on it as she is doing,maybe in a week or so it will start to get better
yes like us we have to drive miles for our local avairan vet,there are not many around
well i wish the little budgie all the best
let me know how he gets on
jackie
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:10 PM
My sister has a budgie that had what looked like a nasty boil on his head, we took it to our vet who said it was a tumour and the best thing was to have it pts, because the bird was fit and well other than this nasty looking thing on his head, my sister couldn't do it, it's didn't bleed as such but always looked a bit scabby within a month it had disappeared altogether and the bird is fine.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:28 PM
awww glad the budgie is okay now CC
i would never take any of my birds to a normal vet now
had a couple of bad experiences with them in the past