Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 06:10 AM

Morning one and all - Tuesday!

Morning all,

Baz is off this morning to the local Heine Gericke (bike accessory shop) as they are closing down and he needs some new gloves. He should get a bargain.

I am planning to blitz the kitchen, if I can ever get off here.........

Off to Bromley for a mooch and some lunch later on.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Baz is off this morning to the local Heine Gericke (bike accessory shop) as they are closing down and he needs some new gloves.
'morning Vicki and all who follow

I bet Baz comes back with more than just a pair of gloves

Have a good day all of you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Vicki and all who follow

I bet Baz comes back with more than just a pair of gloves

Have a good day all of you
Morning Harvey as long as it doesn't have wheels, it's ok
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Enjoy your mooch and lunch Vicki. You will need it after blitzing. Good luck with the bargain hunting for Baz.

Getting back to normal slowly here today Gorden has half a days work this afternoon but before that he has to pop into a school (hoping they are open) to collect a cheque for June payment that they promised in July was in the post when the second signature was done. Guess what it wasn't so today if they are about they will get the sharp edge of his tongue and hopefully he will get his cheque. He has sent them a warning email.

Walking Dillon soon as it feels like it will be a hot one again today.

Like the gem today. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
I ended back at hospital yesterday, my heart was all over the place, so never got into work. They told me yet again my job is too physical for me and I must admit I secretly agree. I have fought that idea and fought it because although I would love a desk job now I really cannot get one. I have been trying for about 6 months now but they always want experience (how times have changed) and I have no experience.
I was going to do some voluntry work to get experience of admin but to do that would be too much for me while I am doing my normal job.
Not sure where I go from here, if I give up work I get something like £45 a week JSA to live on and pay all my bills, which is impossible, but keep struggling on and I am going to put myself in a very early grave. Perhaps I should start doing those telephone chat/sex line things.
Hope you all have a good day, Hope Baz gets a bargain and Gordon gets his cheque.
Take care all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Good grief Bev what a dilemma for you.

Not sure what to suggest except talk to your Dr and CAB for advice on benefits and would you be entitled to any ? In the current climate it seems even people that should be getting them and need them are having them stopped. Grrrr.

Better not get on my soap box.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Good Morning Cuz xxx

(I bet you have secretly missed that)

well the last few weeks without computer have been action packed, we had the two brothers (foster kids) for 2 weeks and considering we got told by their foster carers how ''''bad''' they were they were fabulous kids......one 15 yr old and the other 13 yrs .... they were dog mad. so the dogs were in heaven with them. We went to a man made beach Nr Coventry and had a fabulous day....they certainly soaked me in the water as we had a water fight, and we had a picnic then they went...tears from them both (it was very sad) and we now have a long term lad he came Friday, he settling in well although he wasn't overly sure of the dogs.......they are winning him round yesterday he helped feed them and he's been walking Skye (she'll win his heart )
He is a mini Patrick which I think is funny, he is a good cook too.....he did Pat fried dumplings with beef burgers yesterday.....so Pat's going to be a happy chappy with this one

The sun is shining today, we have social workers coming later, then this afternoon our Foster son wants to travel the buses with Pat

Have a great day one and all xxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning Vicki, Lynn, Bev, Steph and everyone else

Good luck with that kitchen blitz Vicki, and hope Baz only comes back with a pair of gloves, but I doubt that very much. Hope Gorden sorts them out for that cheque Lynn, that's outrageous no wonder he's angry. Sorry to hear you're still suffering with that heart Bev, but considering you've now had an angiogramme where they could see everything going on with it, why on earth haven't they sorted you out by now - you're going to have to get them to fix whatever is wrong so that you can live normally. I live normally, and I've had angioplasty, I lift heavy objects like I always have (although I'm not supposed to of course), and I can do a hard day's grafting with my diy or whatever I've got to do without any problems. Those pills you're on should have slowed everything down so you're heart is not doing overtime, and if not, then something is wrong and they need to sort it for you, it's a very important organ is your heart and we need to keep you around, so please, please, get on their backs and get them to help you.

Well, Dave went off to work at 6 am so I went out with Zena shortly after, had a lovely walk in glorious sunshine, met a numpty yelling at his dog to "leave it" so we legged it lol!

I've got the dentist at 11 am to get that tooth out and it has to be done coz it's wobbling around, I can't eat with this old top plate I've had in, it's caused problems on my lower gums coz I don't have the right "bite" with it, so I can't wait to get me old set of gnashers with this tooth on it, back in me gob when he's removed this tooth. Not looking forward to it, but he's really lovely, he's from Germany although he's Iranian, and he hugs me afterwards and makes me larf

Got bits and bobs of diy to finish off, but pleased to say, I now have the other side of that kitchen finished, I have a sink, I have a dishwasher arriving on Friday (can't wait for that!) so all Dave has to do now is finish it off with the breakfast bar and job done. We have sorted out our differences and are now fully back on track, happy and talking again thank God, coz it was getting a bit tense around here

Enjoy yours then, I'm sure I won't!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Good luck at the dentist Helena.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Good morning all.

I'm still 'chillin' after my marathon decorating bout over the weekend. Well I was until son announced that he had ordered a pc tablet whilst in Blackpool and it hadn't come. No wonder really as he'd not only misspelled the road he lives on, but had given the wrong postcode too! It took over an hour of queuing on the phone before Argos picked up and I finally got it sorted (I hope) and it should come today. I've told him and told him not to order things unless we are with him, but will he listen? Will he heck!!!

Today we are moseying into town later again as the crowds are definitely diminishing (thankfully) and will have another leisurely walk. There does seem to be more dog owners around than usual so I'm seeing some lovely breeds that aren't usually around here including a Pyranean Mountain dog that was so majestic, a mahoosive Great Dane and many others. The downer was the prat who had the prong collar on his dog - that was the dog that nearly took the fingers off the cleaner in Mcd's despite the owner assuring that the dog was great with people, but not with dogs (what the hell was he doing in Mcd's then in the main traffic area??). His only comment was that it must have been the collar as it was the first time on that day!!! Poor, poor dog.

Bev, if your doctors have told you that you can't do the work you are doing, have you thought about looking into DLA? You are having so many problems now with your heart that you are literally going to kill yourself if you don't ease back.

Have a good 'un all