Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 05:15 PM

I think we are back to lead walks

Hubby said Mo was very grumpy on her walk this morning and a bit snappy with dogs she usually enjoys a run with.
She has been what I can only describe as unhappy this afternoon. I have been putting up the decorations and she hasn't been at all interested, normally she would have investigated everything.
Now she has started limping again and crying out when she moves her left front leg. She will let me touch, prod and examine the leg with no problems. She is eating and drinking normally.
I am going to rest her until the morning and see how she goes.
For Christmas she is going to have gift vouchers............... for the vets surgery
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 05:50 PM
yes-sound like the vouchers might come in useful for her!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 05:52 PM
when I had kaos at the vet with his sore foot problem, the vet did mention that there are so many GH type dogs who seem to be bothered with this sort of thing..

hugs x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
yes-sound like the vouchers might come in useful for her!

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
when I had kaos at the vet with his sore foot problem, the vet did mention that there are so many GH type dogs who seem to be bothered with this sort of thing..

hugs x
Apart from all her cuts and scrapes that she has had she has also had problems with her neck and twice "pulled" a muscle in her legs.
Lurchery trype dogs just go so mad, they never know when to stop
Does explain why she was so grumpy on her walk though.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Pharaoh suffers from Chillblanes! He runs so fast through the snow the friction warms his pads too fast, then when he gets in he does his foot rubby dance on the carpet making it worse!... We have a grumpy itchy miserable lurcher all through the snow... He also regularly bruises his pads running across gravel and pulls the tendons in his feet cornering too fast...

I wonder if I should get him running shoes
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Pharaoh suffers from Chillblanes! He runs so fast through the snow the friction warms his pads too fast, then when he gets in he does his foot rubby dance on the carpet making it worse!... We have a grumpy itchy miserable lurcher all through the snow... He also regularly bruises his pads running across gravel and pulls the tendons in his feet cornering too fast...

If you find a supplier can you let me know!!!!
We haven't had any snow so we haven't had that problem luckily. However as you say she is inclined to corner too fast and regularly ends up on her bum
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 10:16 PM

awe bless.. poor sole, have you tried paw wax? my rotties do the foot dance when the nettles are at there worst.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
We haven't had any snow so we haven't had that problem luckily. However as you say she is inclined to corner too fast and regularly ends up on her bum
awe poor sole,,,, brings new meaning to ass over head though
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
When Pharaoh was younger he used to skid round corners on his bum and now has bald spots on both sides where the fur just never grew back! He's such a special man..

I did try paw wax, but for some reason Pharaoh decided that he wasn't allowed to put his waxy paws on the ground and tried to limp with all four paws... We may try again though if things are bad again this year I'll video it if we do
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Poor Mo. hope she's soon better (I bet she does too as I can't see her being very happy with a vet voucher for Chritsmas )

I did try paw wax, but for some reason Pharaoh decided that he wasn't allowed to put his waxy paws on the ground and tried to limp with all four paws... We may try again though if things are bad again this year I'll video it if we do
That would be funny to see, bless him.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >