Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2016, 06:27 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, April 13

Good Morning everyone, you all seemed to be running into trouble yesterday.

Oh well done Lauryn, that's a good result. Hope Rosie is better today.

June, hope you can sort your tech problems out and that your back is better this morning. Glad the girls behaved last night.

Nippy Jen, do hope you can get Tango's wheel sorted ok with no problems.

Hope Dillon is not so stiff this morning and Casey is doing well. Also Mr. Fritz and Dex too, all our four legged friends that cause us concern.

Griff, I hope for your sake you do not have to turn out today.

Well hope today turns out as nice as it was here yesterday, have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Well I was hit and miss before but now it will be more miss as my tablet has died and so as I don't go on the computer that much after 5pm I may not be around as much as usual. So if I don't appear that is why until I get another tablet. Looks like I might need a new washing machine as well as that played up this morning to. What will be the third thing, Oh I know the tap in the kitchen. June I think Zen is saying that she would like human company more than her doggy friends. Have fun in the sun peeps. bfn.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Morning Moyra and everyone.
Brenda it sounds as if you are heading for an expensive time. Hope you get things sorted.

Tangos wheel is sorted. Brian took it off and took it to the local tyre company, who fitted a new inner tube. All is sorted so I'm back on the road!
Not sure what is on today but I'm hoping the men go out and leave me to have a quiet day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.
Nice sunny morning here this morning fingers crossed we keep it all day. Gill said Brentwood had nice weather too yesterday Moyra.

griff hope your aunty is ok.
June the musical beds game must be wearing a bit thin now.
Hope the wheel is fixed on tango now and well done to Lauryn.
Hoping nothing else goes wrong brenda.
Not sure how I managed to view the Scott and Bailey first of the new episodes all I can tell you is it was on the ITV hub players and apps.

Dillon seems a little easier on his leg this morning possibly the drier weather today or maybe the first of the injections is kicking in.
Not sure if I will pop out for a wander round asda today or not or just potter round here.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are too.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone

Pleased tango is now roadworthy again and hopefully the men will leave you alone today Nippy. Peace.

I do hope nothing else goes wrong Brenda

Hope yu have a nice day today with nice warm sun and you are able to get out on blue Moyra.

So leased Dillon's leg seems better today and enjoy ur day pottering Lynn

Lovely sunny and warm here. Teazle walked and bedding changed ready to wash later. Plan on scraping more moss out of the lawn, cutting edges and then mowing it this afternoon. Other than that a quiet day

Have a good day and hope all four and two legged who were under the weather are now on the road to a full recovery.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2016, 08:49 AM
What Sue said about howletts zoo at port lypne did not even go close to how bad the place is

Apart from charging top price entrance fee the animals were kept in such
poor enclosures it was a disgrace

Compare it with a well run zoo

Ok was that just one bad example ?no

Mud everywhere and the animal had to find somewhere with a bit of grass in their enclosure. What made it worse was 90% of the large empty field type enclosures were mud free

None of the animals had anything to stimulate any interest in them such as toys etc . The gorillas were left to fight each other from what we saw.

They offer a free safari type trip around the place in converted army trucks. safari? what a joke.

They have no concept of a safari, the animals are kept so far away from the vehicles it is unbelievable. What made it worse was the driver had absolutely no interest in informing his passengers about the animals let alone pointing them out. When he did stop yes he could see the animals but we could not because our view was blocked by buildings.
A disgrace and shown complete lack of understanding.
From a photographers stance forget it unless you take a huge mm lens, even a 400 mm one would struggle to get a shot.

Ok the place itself what is it like?

Well if you are use to hill walking or mountaineering you would love it. If you have some medical reason why you are not a mountaineer then don't even try . I don't think I have ever visited a place where a ski lift was needed as much as this place. It is built on a mountain side with one part on the top and the rest at the bottom.

To sum up

the animals might just as well been cardboard cutouts they looked so miserable and many the only one of its kind.
never saw a keeper by the animals , more interested on other things work wise than anything else.
Glad I went to know never to ever visit the place again.

I get more interest in my back garden than here
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Morning all
Lauryn says thank you for the 'well done's'
Rosie is back to normal thank goodness.seems it was that she just wanted her food changed.
TW Alpa spirit do a fish flavour but Rosie doesn't like that at all, she doesn't like fish flavoured food.
Glad Tango's wheel been sorted and I hope you get a day of peace.
Griff hope your aunty is ok and that you don't need to go out today.
I'm waiting for a call from my consultants secretary today, told them yesterday that I'm going to work at 2.30 so they meant to ring before that.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Oh my god, those poor poor animals....is there a place to complain to? the council?? surely they need licences to operate
Mum has spoken to her friend this morning, she ended up in hospital last night....she had to call an ambulance, they thought she was having a heart attack but they now suspect she has gall stones, she is going for a scan tomorrow. Mum went mad and told her she should have rung us and she has strict instructions to call me today if she needs anything....mum has left money for me to get a taxi, Mums mate is so so kind and although she moans a lot...we laugh and say if she won the lottery she would moan about what to spend the money on...she will help anyone if she can, i doubt her cousin will even think of popping to see her...she reckons she has trouble going out yet can go for a meal every single week..she lives just round the corner so a taxi would be a fiver tops, for us £20 yet she is so very very selfish it wouldn't cross her mind to get her and the dog into a cab and go see her
Brenda, i have a kindle fire tablet, cost £50 and is good, i can get on here and all other websites, shop online etc...very good
Nippy, can you pack the lads off fishing or something?...hoe you get some time on your own if thats what you fancy
Hope Dillon is responding to the injection Lynn...that would be fab!!!
Moyra, i like my mums friend a lot, i would go and help her today but woul obviously prefer any day but wednesday..now i will go in a taxi instead of buses i feel much happier about it should i need to go...being sick on public transport isn't a good thing really Lol
oooo Morning Mandy, give her a ring...that way you will get your answer before you head of too work
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Tweed that is awful, those poor animals can you complain?? There must be somewhere, send them the photos
Hope your mums friend is feeling better soon now that she's being sorted in hospital
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Barry. that is appalling the conditions those animals are living in. They probably consider them no worse than where there natural habitat is but I am damn certain their natural habitat may be mushy and wet but bet they are warmer than there! There should be better control. They need someone like those in charge of Monkey world to care for them all.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >