Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Should I intervene? Or not?

Or should I let them deal with this on their own? Jade is being extremely tolerant, but he's relentless. Slowly but surely, his fear of her growls and snarls has faded tremendously.

Her growls/snarls are almost completely ignored by him now as he's nearly shoulder to shoulder with her and no longer fears her or really respects her space.

Mind you, I've never shouted at Jade or removed (crated) Jade for growling at him, only distracted her a little when he was younger.

Should I start getting him to stop this or removing him to his timeout zone?

SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:47 PM
I'd stop him personally. Jade obviously isn't enjoying his attention and doesn't want to be bothered with him all the time so she must be getting really fed up of him I would have thought.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
if Jade wont teach him some manners, then you need to do it, yes I would stop him, that yapping would get on my nerves let alone the poor dog he is pestering .

BTW...........does Jade ever have that harness removed, because every pic and video you post , she has it on,
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by SusieL View Post
I'd stop him personally. Jade obviously isn't enjoying his attention and doesn't want to be bothered with him all the time so she must be getting really fed up of him I would have thought.
The thing is... sometimes she likes him and they will sit and be snuggly and play for quite a while. Also, during those times, he won't yap and be annoying. This is sort of random, he does it when he feels like it... not all the time. It's weird!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I would only step in if Nigredo actually gets nasty. Jade sooner or later will turn round and snap at Nigredo which would be fine ..... he needs to learn some manners and she should be able to teach him.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
The thing is... sometimes she likes him and they will sit and be snuggly and play for quite a while. Also, during those times, he won't yap and be annoying. This is sort of random, he does it when he feels like it... not all the time. It's weird!
Its not weird at all, it a him being a puppy, he needs to learn restraint, as do ALL young/adolescent animals, if Jade is not willing to teach him, you must.
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't allow my pup to do that to another dog. I think you need to distract Nigredo when he is doing this, for everyones sake...ouch I made the mistake of wearing earphones for that vid....wish I hadn't!!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
if Jade wont teach him some manners, then you need to do it, yes I would stop him, that yapping would get on my nerves let alone the poor dog he is pestering .

BTW...........does Jade ever have that harness removed, because every pic and video you post , she has it on,
Thanks for the comment. The yapping is a bit annoying, I must agree with that.

As for the harness... she has it removed for baths etc. Otherwise I don't remove it. It's not tight. Brownie used to be bothered by it, scratching and trying to get it off... but she doesn't seem to mind it at all and it doesn't do any harm so I leave it on for convenience.

Is that that bad? If it bothered her, I'd remove it.. but it doesn't seem to bother her, so I haven't. I don't remove Nigredos collars either, except to bathe him etc.

I have a bad habit of losing things, so if it's not bothering them.. I don't bother taking it off all the time. Collars tend to bother Jade, so she doesn't wear one (what you see is a light flea collar)... but the harness doesn't.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by TazJas View Post
I wouldn't allow my pup to do that to another dog. I think you need to distract Nigredo when he is doing this, for everyones sake...ouch I made the mistake of wearing earphones for that vid....wish I hadn't!!!
I'm so sorry! I should have posted a warning that a screeching puppy yap was included!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Poor Jade. She is obviously bothered by it but trying her best to move away and can't 'rest' with him.

I could not put up with that high pitched yapping all the time either.

And Myra - that harness does not look comfortable on Jade it is scruffing her up round the neck.

My dog's collar comes off as soon as we get back and I put it down in the same place every time. Just inside the door. Couldn't you just put a hook somewhere to hang it on.

I think Jade needs some time away from the pup - perhaps put the pup in the crate for a while in another room and let her rest up. She is an old lady and she appears to be being VERY tolerant of his constant 'bothering' her.

You are with your dogs all the time as you don't work. You should be able to monitor and do something about this. And I really don't see how it's too much trouble to take the harness off Jade and put it on her again every time you go out.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »