Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 07:49 PM

Terriers and cats :)

Pepsi went to the vet this afternoon for her vaccinations.
As we waited for the vet to call us in Peps stood in a typical Terrier pose, alert, ears up, tail erect, with a deep, threatening growl emitting from her throat
Me and hubby were falling about, the receptionist was looking a little concerned......... until we explained.
On the counter was an advert for a cat flea preparation with a cut out of a cardboard ginger cat about 18 inches high!
Pepsi was convinced it was a real cat I took it off the counter to show her and she walked round and round it sniffing. I put it back on the counter and she started growling again
Gawd my dog is so brave
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 07:54 PM
hehe. we see lots of dogs doing that at our vets as they have life size stickers on the walls of cats and dogs and rabbits, its quite funny watching them having a go at the wall
chicky123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Our Staffie Poppy,every morning looks out of the front bedroom window from upstairs,sees a cat in the street,then runs down stairs as quick as lightening and out through the open BACK door after the cat in to a well fenced in BACK garden...!!!DOH

She does this every day...good exercise for her though...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
hehe. we see lots of dogs doing that at our vets as they have life size stickers on the walls of cats and dogs and rabbits, its quite funny watching them having a go at the wall
Originally Posted by chicky123 View Post
Our Staffie Poppy,every morning looks out of the front bedroom window from upstairs,sees a cat in the street,then runs down stairs as quick as lightening and out through the open BACK door after the cat in to a well fenced in BACK garden...!!!DOH

She does this every day...good exercise for her though...
Lol, how daft are they?
Pepsi sits on the back of our settee to look out the window but if she turns around she can see herself in the mirror on the opposite wall......and all hell lets loose
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Malcolm had an altercation with a robot polar bear today at the garden centre... He was fine walking towards it until it moved it's head up and down. He then refused to walk past it, much to the amusement of the staff and other shoppers, until I put him on the opposite side of me and gave it a wide berth. If I remember rightly the very same polar bear scared Bandit this time last year only with him being a terrier (albeit only 12 weeks old at the time) he went down the route of growling and barking at it. He still didn't believe me it was fake even when I let him sniff it!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Malcolm had an altercation with a robot polar bear today at the garden centre... He was fine walking towards it until it moved it's head up and down. He then refused to walk past it, much to the amusement of the staff and other shoppers, until I put him on the opposite side of me and gave it a wide berth. If I remember rightly the very same polar bear scared Bandit this time last year only with him being a terrier (albeit only 12 weeks old at the time) he went down the route of growling and barking at it. He still didn't believe me it was fake even when I let him sniff it!
phoebe hates these novelty singing dancing christmas things. she kills them. if they go off she goes mad so i just left them off but still had them out, it was to late by this point she had already decided she hated them and took them of window sill and killed them all. hubby still buys one every year and every year phoebe will reach up and get it and kill it
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Our vet has a tv screen on the wall, which helpfully shows dogs having routine ops, vaccinations, examinations etc. AND cats.

I always have to face Jimmi away from the screen to stop him going ballistic; mind you, that often means he is eyeball to eyeball with a real pussy cat in a cage, or even better, a basketful of ferrets!!!!

The receptionists love Jimmi - he always gives them a good laugh
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
phoebe hates these novelty singing dancing christmas things. she kills them. if they go off she goes mad so i just left them off but still had them out, it was to late by this point she had already decided she hated them and took them of window sill and killed them all. hubby still buys one every year and every year phoebe will reach up and get it and kill it
I think Malcolm would have been fine if the polar bears hadn't been the size of him
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 10:00 PM
So made me laugh
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2012, 10:12 PM
At least it looked like an animal just got back from our late walk and Chloe growled at a log
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >