View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:00 AM

Could lack of house training be due to season?

Basically Suki has just started her season and over the last couple of wks has gone back to messing in the house, I remember she did this last time she came into seadon. Could this be because of her season of am i clutching at straws?
Thanks
ATD x
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes, it is likely to be her season if she stops doing it when she finishes her season you will know for sure.

Try making sure she goes out side after food and on waking like you would with a puppy.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I agree the return to soiling it is most likely connected to her season..

I guess the reason bitches urinate/soil more pre and during a season is partly due the swelling and engorgement of a bitches reproductive organs putting pressure on the bladder, and partly perpetuating the species.
Before coming in season bitches secrete a hormone in their urine to alert males 'an event' is due , during the season urinating helps to spread the message so to speak so the increased production of urine would help to facilitate this.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Fingeres crossed that is all it is. I am going to try and get her spayed after this season.
Thanks
ATD x
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2008, 06:24 PM
mini said it right ,sounds normal to me and iv gone through the same thing....phil