View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 08:24 PM

Temporary Foster homes desperately needed.

I couldn't post in the rescue section so if someone could move it to the relevant section if need be, that'd be great.

The British Dalmatian Club Welfare Service have put out a plea for foster homes as they have been inundated with people wanting to 'get rid' of their dals before Christmas and most people who are waiting for a dog, don't want one until after Christmas.

They are looking for people who can foster for a couple of weeks over Christmas or even adopt if they want.

The welfare service don't have kennels, they are just a go between for people wanting to rehome their dogs.

Apparently they have dogs coming in most days and nowhere for them to go. If you are interested you can visit the breed club website at www.britishdalmatianclub.org.uk or contact me and I will send you their details.

Thankyou.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Lottie, do you know if the dogs will be assessed before they are actually placed in a home?

And what sort of support do they offer for their foster homes?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi Amanda,

The dogs are all assessed first and it is mostly in the North Of England.

As far as I know the welfare service provide advice for the duration of your time with the dog, not sure on their stance with paying for veterinary fees for ongoing problems but I assume they would due to them asking for temporary foster care.

I can find out for you though.

I have had an email back from the coordinator saying they are looking for a list of people who will take a dog on for foster care at short notice, over the Christmas period.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Hi Amanda,

The dogs are all assessed first and it is mostly in the North Of England.

As far as I know the welfare service provide advice for the duration of your time with the dog, not sure on their stance with paying for veterinary fees for ongoing problems but I assume they would due to them asking for temporary foster care.

I can find out for you though.

I have had an email back from the coordinator saying they are looking for a list of people who will take a dog on for foster care at short notice, over the Christmas period.
So basically, all the foster home would need to pay out of their own pockets would be for food?

Sounds reasonable enough and I do hope that people would consider fostering.

(I would, but I am already at my max no. of animals to the point my friends say I am a mini zoo )
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2006, 11:49 AM
haha Amanda,

As far as I know, the dogs they already had, have gone to new permanent/temporary homes, but they're anticipating more coming in.

We have offered our services but in a small semi already having two dallies and our garden still not secure, we can't take any more than one.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi Lottie

I am too far away and with 5 of my own could not take on anymore but I just wanted to say that I hope they are successful in finding temporary homes over Christmas for any dallies who need them.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2006, 12:41 PM
This disgusts me - how can people be so bloody heartless?
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
This disgusts me - how can people be so bloody heartless?
To some, its a way of life. Out with the old, in with the new

Obviously, not everyone is like that thankfully, and the few dedicated homes, be it foster or permanent are worth their weight in gold IMO

I do hope that the extra homes are found Lottie. Keeping fingers crossed and thanks for posting it on here