View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Play cds during the wedding breakfast instead of hiring musicians or whatever.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm definitely doing my own invites and stationery - I've done party invites and stuff before so reckon I can do it. Then I just need to borrow some White doves to deliver them!! Lol if only!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Im getting jealous now!!

If any one would like to give Stu a kick up the backside for me, feel free!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Im getting jealous now!!

If any one would like to give Stu a kick up the backside for me, feel free!
Consider it done ;o)
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Consider it done ;o)
Cheers Bun!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 09:31 AM
We had a civil partnership on July 28th 2010, and it was the most amazing day of my life. We had originally planned a big wedding, but when Rachy's mum was taken ill we decided life is too short and brought it forwards.

We got married at Morgan's hotel in Swansea, which was perfect for our intimate wedding. We're not ones for parties and getting drunk, so we decided to have the ceremony later in the day, have a two hour gap for photos, and drinks in the champagne bar, and then the wedding breakfast.

We wore corsets (which we had made, this was quite expensive but worth it - although we were in agony by the end of the day!) and wide leg trousers. We had two adult bridesmaids, our daughter, and our niece as flowergirl. Our Son had a suit as did our father's, and they all matched - we hired these as there was no point in buying wedding suits for them!

We had a lovely 3 tiered cake, and had the cake toppers made which was fab. The bridesmaids both had a small bouquet, as did Rachy and I. Buttonholes for the men.

No cars as we were staying in the hotel.

We were lucky with the photographer, I was a photography undergrad at the time and my lecturer (who is incredibly talented) took the photos for us, he followed us from the moment we arrived at the hotel, getting ready, until about 11pm! He set up a studio, had several cameras with him, etc and didn't miss a thing! He costs a fair bit for those who weren't friends with him lol, but the photos were the one thing I was obsessing about, I knew it was our record for forever, and I didn't want to miss a second!

We also had the rings made, they're mini jigsaw pieces, with a small diamond in the middle of one of the pieces. Its because we have always said "we fit", they're inscribed with "we fit for eternity" inside. Not that we'll ever see that again as we've not taken them off since our day and I don't ever plan to!

Will pop some pics on later of our day
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Was chatting away to my bridesmaid to be last night as we celebrated! Anyway she has come up with a couple of tips for me....she brought her official wedding album along and then the one she did with pictures taken by guests and in all honesty the one of guests pictures is far superior. Her Official album is all staged shots and very formal. About half the pictures in her own album were taken by her friends husband and she is going to ask if he would do our photos too as he has captured some fantastic shots and looking at them last night brought it all back. I know her friend quite well but have only met the guy who took the photos once, at the wedding, but my friend says she will ask if he will do photos for £100 and she is pretty sure he will

Also She said the cake they had was 3 tesco cakes and they got the florist to make a cake topper, I hae an idea what I would like as a cake but am going to follow her idea and just have the topper made at a baker and get a supermarket cake, she still has the supports for the teirs and the stand etc from her cake so has kindly said we can borrow those.
We are going to look at dresses but I have actually found one I quite like in an online department store so have sent her a link as there are bits I am not sure of but she is vert creative and used to make her own clothes a long time ago so have asked her advice on whether it could be altered slightly. And we are off to see venues today and tommorow
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Was chatting away to my bridesmaid to be last night as we celebrated! Anyway she has come up with a couple of tips for me....she brought her official wedding album along and then the one she did with pictures taken by guests and in all honesty the one of guests pictures is far superior. Her Official album is all staged shots and very formal. About half the pictures in her own album were taken by her friends husband and she is going to ask if he would do our photos too as he has captured some fantastic shots and looking at them last night brought it all back. I know her friend quite well but have only met the guy who took the photos once, at the wedding, but my friend says she will ask if he will do photos for £100 and she is pretty sure he will

Also She said the cake they had was 3 tesco cakes and they got the florist to make a cake topper, I hae an idea what I would like as a cake but am going to follow her idea and just have the topper made at a baker and get a supermarket cake, she still has the supports for the teirs and the stand etc from her cake so has kindly said we can borrow those.
We are going to look at dresses but I have actually found one I quite like in an online department store so have sent her a link as there are bits I am not sure of but she is vert creative and used to make her own clothes a long time ago so have asked her advice on whether it could be altered slightly. And we are off to see venues today and tommorow
Sounds like it's all coming together nicely!! Also sounds like you have chosen a superb bridesmaid!!

Did you see my post earlier in this thread about photos and photobucket accounts?

We're going to open a photobucket account just for our wedding photos and then either in the invites or the wedding favours I'm going to make little cards with the username and password on it and instructions so that people can go onto it and upload their photos. After a month after the wedding we'll simply change the password and then we'll hopefully have everyones photos in one place.

We're off to look at another venue this afternoon and will hopefully be booking it if all goes to plan.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Sounds like it's all coming together nicely!! Also sounds like you have chosen a superb bridesmaid!!

Did you see my post earlier in this thread about photos and photobucket accounts?

We're going to open a photobucket account just for our wedding photos and then either in the invites or the wedding favours I'm going to make little cards with the username and password on it and instructions so that people can go onto it and upload their photos. After a month after the wedding we'll simply change the password and then we'll hopefully have everyones photos in one place.

We're off to look at another venue this afternoon and will hopefully be booking it if all goes to plan.
Excellent idea about the photobucket account we were thinking of disposable cameras on the tables BUT this seems to be a great way as most people have a digi camera these days.

We will be having a very Scottishy wedding and our tables will be called after Scottish Lochs that mean something to us, was flicking through the wedding mag I bought yesterday and saw a great idea for place names , it sounds odd but it looked really good and would fit in with our theme - river pebbles, you know the largish flat ones with place names painted onto them - I am guessing you could put other stuff to like S& L and the date in fancy writing, but just the simple persons name was pretty effective. Could buy a bag of pebbles from a garden cebtre with an aquarium section and am guessing thats quite inexpensive
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:01 AM
We got married in 2002 (second) marriage for both of us & it cost less than 1k including honeymoon

Married in a converted barn (part of a hotel) followed by a meal for around 20 & then back to ours for the evening

I wore a long cream lace dress which was around £100 & made my 3 daughters bridesmaids dresses in peach with lace boleros.
Flowers were peach & cream silk bought from a market in Spain & arranged myself.
Peach & cream balloons & hired our own helium. We attached the balloons on tables to proper horseshoes sprayed silved & decorated with flowers - then gave the mum's one each to keep. Made my own favors.
Cake made by a friend.
Borrowed a marquee for the garden from a company a friend worked for.
Went to France on a booze run & bought loads of bottles of cheap fizz for 50p each (and everyone kept saying how lovely the champagne was )
had piñatas hanging in the marquee for the kids in the evening - though the drunken adults did kinda take over
Then honeymooned in parents apartment in Spain for 1 week
It was a fantastic day, so relaxed & enjoyable
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >