Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Another Dakota update

As some of you are aware I gave Dakota a home on 28th December after 5 failed attempts by a family member to rehome her. I had initially declined giving Dakota a home due to Molly's imminent hip replacement surgery. I had no option but to take her in as they were contemplating handing her in at a rescue centre. I fully intended giving Dakota a permanent home even though it would cause us a serious predicament.

Anyway, we have some friends that we've known over 20 years, they lost their beloved lab 4 months ago aged 14. They were devastated and swore they would not/could not put themselves through such grief again and would remain dogless. So, when is became apparent that Dakota needed a new home I didn't mention it to my friends due to their opinion when they lost Bonnie. I also thought that if they did get another dog they would get a lab puppy.

Just over a week ago they came to visit and absolutely fell head over heels in love with Dakota. The next day they rang to say if I could find it in my heart to let her go they would be thrilled to give her a 5* home.

After much deliberation and a couple of sleepless nights, we decided that it would be in everyone's best interest if Dakota joined their family. They are a middle aged couple with a grown up son living at home. The lady of the house doesn't go out to work so Kota would have company 24/7. She would be treated like royalty and loved like a child. For us, it means that we can give Molly the best possible shot at making a full recovery after her op.

Kota has been with them since Wednesday morning, she has settled in beyond all our expectations. They are completely smitten with her, and she with them.

The best thing is, they live 10 minutes down the road so we can meet up regularly for walks and Molly gets to see her sister!!!!

I'm so happy that Dakota has the happy ending she deserves.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 03:00 PM
such fab news!!!!

hope all goes well with your fur babe too xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Awww that is brilliant. It sounds like it has worked out for the best for everyone. Really pleased
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
such fab news!!!!

hope all goes well with your fur babe too xx
Thank you so much.
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Awww that is brilliant. It sounds like it has worked out for the best for everyone. Really pleased
Some people believe things happen for a reason. If that truly is the case, then fate has dealt us a wonderful hand. Thank you