register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Yes Moyra go on a jaunt for however long you want, leave it open ended and go from place to place, wherever you fancy at your own pace
Bad news about my friend with liver cancer, her daughter just been on, everythings gone downhill and they reckon 3 weeks. Will call in and see her next week as usual, I'm not to say anything, well I wouldn't anyway, she wasn't in a good place when I saw her this week so not surprised really. So sad
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2017, 05:49 PM
So sorry about your friend June.
Harvey Beth jokingly said people my not want to rent if living next door to their landlord.
My reply if they're worried about living next door they are probably not the sort of tenants you want.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Well folks will certainly consider a trip up to Suffolk to search for a rental property! Will see. I am away to my bed to rest now. Have a good evening all, God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes.

Went on a walk up to the allotments (thinking of taking one on) took Buster as he is the reason for changing allotments as the other requires a car to get there and Buster does not do car travel.
I had to pop into the office(old shed) but did not want to take Buster in so left him with a chap I know up there apparently Buster stayed nicely on lead with him but his eyes followed my direction and he did not move.
I came out the other side after a walk around the allotments, I called him and the chap let him go and his pure happiness at seeing me, and his lolloping old dog run towards me brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat he has not been 3 months with us yet. I had left him for all of 10 minutes max. He is digging into my heart.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Kazz when they realize that the person is there for them unconditionally then they love you quicker and you must be that person. Well done you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2017, 07:25 PM
How lovely Kazz no wonder you had tears and a lump.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2017, 07:26 PM
I know he follows me round the house and thinks Mom is best thing since sliced bread but to see him this afternoon brought a lump to my throat as I said. His happy lolloping roll towards me pure Staffie happiness you would think he had been with us all his 12+ years not just under 3 months.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
My reply if they're worried about living next door they are probably not the sort of tenants you want.
Absolutely, you are dead right about that. Hope Beth will be reassured by your advice
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
His happy lolloping roll towards me pure Staffie happiness you would think he had been with us all his 12+ years not just under 3 months.
They do say it can take along time (years maybe) for a rescue to 'adjust' to a new environment.

You are clearly doing something right
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
everythings gone downhill and they reckon 3 weeks. Will call in and see her next week as usual, I'm not to say anything, well I wouldn't anyway, she wasn't in a good place when I saw her this week so not surprised really. So sad
June what a sad situation, a difficult situation for you, am sure your friend will be pleased to see you.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >