Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:37 PM

DWP Stuff up again!

Poor Luke

He had an appointment in Gloucester this morning with his job coach,I was going to take him as advised by the jobcentre as I needed to explain fully about Luke's needs.

Anyway he got ready and I took him to the cashpoint,he came back to the car and said his money hadn't gone in - great!

Came home rang the DWP and they said to him after been on hold for 15 mins call back tomorrow we are on strike

Right! So I rang them, spoke to them and they said there had been a payment failure due to industrial action,so I told them it wasn't good enough and he had a mandatory appointment which he could not attend because his money hadn't gone in and he couldn't get to his appointment and he needed to sort it out,he told me to ring the jobcentre he signs at.

So I spoke to them,explained what had happened,the lady was nice and explained with the industrial action and bank holiday Luke's payment had failed to go through and the earliest they could get a payment into his bank was Tuesday
I said he had been left in a mess,no money,appointment cancelled etc and could he have some sort of loan to see him over the w/end,she said to leave it with her and she would call back,she did call back and said she had arranged for a payment to be paid direct today so he would get his some time today,two hours later they has paid the money into his bank,but what a performance to sort it out.

I always end up doing stuff like this for him as he tends to get everything confused and the staff end up as confused as he is

The woman also called back from the work programme and they are going to arrange for him to see a woman that deals with special needs and get him accessed,see about some literacy courses and training in a work place which will be excellent for him