Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-09-2006, 05:59 PM

Update (Wed 20th Sept, 7pm)

Just thought I would put up an update.

First of all thank you to everyone who has donated or made helpful suggestions or written a tribute or a few words in any of these threads dedicated to SB - it's very comforting to know just how much she was loved and appreciated.

The general consensus is that we split the fund, and use some of it now to send out some flowers as quickly as possible and then to find a more 'timeless' memorial that we can send SB's husband, John.

Here is a quote from the 'What shall we send' thread:

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
All very good ideas everyone.

Although I love the idea of sending a floral tribute in her name 'Shadowboxer' I agree that it wouldn't be fair on her immediate family. Maybe if we did do that, have something like the 'The Best' - that way it fits everything, the Best wife, the best friend, the best dog owner, the best dog trainer. Or maybe 'Friend' she was her husbands friend as well as his wife, she was our friend, she was her dogs friend, she had so many friends. But even then it risks overshadowing or going against what her family might have wanted.

As much as I'd like to do the above I think I am with you guys and think something small now and something more 'timeless' after will be more fitting.

With regards to what's left, I agree with you too that something John could take with him if he moved, nothing to large or heavy because we know John has been unwell too recently. Patterlad is already doing a sketch - maybe we could get it framed and engraved too?

I would personally prefer the excess from this fund goes to her immediate family/dogs rather than a charity. I know that may be a bit selfish but its our last chance to give something back 'to her' - and we know she loved her husband and dogs more than anything else in the world.

Maybe in the future if Dogsey is a big success it can help create The Lesley Bruce Dog Fund - which we can use to help dogs in some way, we all know that dogs were her biggest love... just look at how many of ours she helped.
With regards to the actual flowers here is my other post which most people have agreed with

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Shall we choose the flowers now?

Will it be better to get something already in a vase/pot/basket
as John has been unwell too and it might be easier for him?
I'm not sure what happens over there do
they leave the flowers at the grave?

Do we have to choose one from the 'Funerla/Sympathy' section?
I'm sorry I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

Here's one that caught my eye from the funeral selection

http://www.easyflowers.com.au/asp/product.asp?pn=62

Is this the sort of thing you had in mind?
Tonight I am going to print out everyones messages in the main announcement and the messages in the 'If SB could see this thread, what would you say' thread, and send it to John along with a sympathy card tomorrow.

Vicki suggested creating a new thread so people can post their message/tribute directly for John in another thread and then on Friday, Vicki will print them out and send them with the card she is going to send. Please keep an eye out for this thread. I will edit a link in here...

Dani has created a lovely Video memorial which we will send to John after a short while - it may be too much for him right now.

Patterlad has done an amazing sketch of SB - he worked on it all last night. Again we will send this in a short while, and we can also decide on how we should send it - framed? Engraved?

Once all the immediate things are done we can start talking about the rest of the fund.

I want to thank all of you for everything you have been doing. There's no wonder why SB was here so much, because of you guys.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the update Azz I'm crying again now x
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by justlou View Post
Thanks for the update Azz.....I'm crying again now x
Me too
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Snap, can hardly post as I can't see.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:04 PM
for once, words keep failing me....
hugs Azz x
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:09 PM
They are all lovely ideas. I'm sorry I can't contribute to the fund
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:15 PM
I've never been one that's been lost for words, but words have failed me this time. I think this has touched the hearts of us all
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by BrandieSnap View Post
They are all lovely ideas. I'm sorry I can't contribute to the fund
Suzie (hug) we each contribute what we can in our own way... what better contribution could you make than to say you will really miss someone and won't forget them...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:34 PM
agree mini ..its what you give in your heart that counts also ........i can't get my head round this and am having trouble coming to terms with her not being here I bet we all feel the same
just can't accept it somehow ...in tears now want to shout its so unfair
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2006, 07:40 PM
thanks for the update
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >