Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
As they say they are family you don't get to pick them and that is why we have friends.
Your brother may be 34 but he sounds as if he is acting like he is 14.
As long as your mum and dad are happy enough and aren't willing to give in to his demanded apology, all you can do is support them.
I would have given him a mouthful as well, and I am sure something must have struck home as he turned up to your Dad's 60th. Even if it wasn't for long and wasn't the nicest one at the party.
You can't control what he does so leave him to it until you feel the need to step in again. He is acting like a child not getting his own way. It may be a good lesson for him that not everyone is going to curtail to his ideas.
hugs, you did well
exactly what we are doing I really hope he does come to see sense sadly I think it will be a long time coming !! nhe just doesnt get it

Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Hiya - i think i would have told him where to get off ! i'd have said don't bother ! let them stew in their own juice - they will get the message eventually. Why should your parents apologise - your brother and his wife should be the ones apologising ( )

Sorry this winds me up because as i have said, our family had all this with my brother and SIL.

They should like prats the pair of them (sorry) and your brother sounds like a control freak ! - on no account should your parents apologise ! its his loss and he will regret it

Well done for supporting your parents, at least they have one decent child !
They are both control freaks thats evident in how they are raising their child. The sad thing is L has a wonderful time with their wee boy when they do get to play together and the only loser is going to end up being the kids as they wont get to see each other as much as they should, and thats what upsets my mum and dad.
TBH its upset my mum so much with all of this that she has gone to see a counsellor herself as she feels its all her fault as this is what my brother is saying, and no amount of me saying differently is changing her mind.
Thats what makes me so mad about all of this, its making my mum doubt herself with stuff as she is constantly going over in her head everything thats been said to her.

I was speaking to my auntie about it all yesterday and in her words he needs a good sharp kick up the ****and I couldnt agree more.

thanks again for listening to my rants !

We had a lovely party anyway xx
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7