Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Unless he has said it again, that is not what he said. He said "his daughter was allergic so they would need a hypoallergenic dog and their preference was to get a rescue dog but lots of dogs in the pounds were muts, like him".

I thought it was commedy well used, irreverent yes, but answered the question and explained what needed to be considered.
That is exactly what was said
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I thought his comment "I think we'll get a mutt" was uncalled for and stupid!
Where is your sense of humor.

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I just thought it was a weird comment to make. Do you reckon he said it because he is of mixed race? That's my interpretation of it.
Yes I think he said "I think we'll get a mutt, just like me" I think he's lovely and has a great sense of humor, which is something he's going to need.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
I hope they do find a suitable shelter dog, and I hope the resultant publicity encourages others to adopt also.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
new i liked the look of him and his family (good for them )
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Unless he has said it again, that is not what he said. He said "his daughter was allergic so they would need a hypoallergenic dog and their preference was to get a rescue dog but lots of dogs in the pounds were muts, like him".

I thought it was commedy well used, irreverent yes, but answered the question and explained what needed to be considered.
Those were his EXACT words, and he put the bit "like me" on the end! He thinks he is funny, he is vile and creepy.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Those were his EXACT words, and he put the bit "like me" on the end! He thinks he is funny, he is vile and creepy.
which were his exact words ? yours of mine?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 07:07 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...onference.html

I'm not offended by what he said, I just thought it was a bit weird that he said something like that. If he's upsetting the PC brigade with the comment, then I'm glad of that!

I think he said it because he is of mixed race.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...onference.html

I'm not offended by what he said, I just thought it was a bit weird that he said something like that. If he's upsetting the PC brigade with the comment, then I'm glad of that!

I think he said it because he is of mixed race.
Lots of people would class me as being in the pc brigade, not that such an organisation exists and i thought it was funny and irreverend. I don't think he is creepy i think he seems to be a breath of fresh air and i like the way he has answered questions so far. He seems articulate, genuine and intelligent.......amazing that more leaders don't have those qualities! lol!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Lots of people would class me as being in the pc brigade, not that such an organisation exists and i thought it was funny and irreverend. I don't think he is creepy i think he seems to be a breath of fresh air and i like the way he has answered questions so far. He seems articulate, genuine and intelligent.......amazing that more leaders don't have those qualities! lol!
As I began reading your post, Catrin, I thought you were going to say "some people would class me as a mutt"!

I agree. I think he comes accross very well and I think he's a very good speaker. His family seem nice, too. Not that I know much about politics!

My main concern for him is the safety of him and his family. Was this such a good idea, in this case, despite the fact that he comes across very well? Time will tell. (Sorry, slightly off topic!).

Back to the orginial subject. I hope they decide on a rescue "mutt", and I hope that this will help the plight of the dogs in rescue centres all over the world!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 07:20 PM
As I began reading your post, Catrin, I thought you were going to say "some people wouldclass me as a mutt"!

I agree. I think he comes accross very well and I think he's a very good speaker. His family seem nice, too. Not that I know much about politics!

My main concern for him is the safety of him and his family. Was this such a good idea, in this case, despite the fact that he comes across very well? Time will tell. (Sorry, slightly off topic!).

Back to the orginial subject. I hope they decide on a rescue "mutt", and I hope that this will help the plight of the dogs in rescue centres all over the world!
LOL - well i have a right royal mix of relatives in my heritage so i pressume i am a mutt.....as are most people!

I really hope they manage to keep him alive so that we can see what he can do.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >