View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ladyjack
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2010, 07:09 PM
My two Shiba Inu's, they crept into my soul, and there they remain today.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Mia.. but don`t tell the others
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I REALLY believe that everybody will have ONE special dog, as lovely, gorgeous and special as the rest are/have been there is always ONE who will really stand out.

For me it is my Mr Zeke, my rescue Akita who we've had just 3 years. It's just something in his eyes when he looks at me, and when he talks back at me and listens I only have to look a certain way and he responds, he does commands from my body language and is just one in a million. I dread the day he goes....
Ladyjack
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I know what you mean about the eyes my Shiba's eyes were like pools you could just sink into them.

Glenice.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2010, 08:01 PM
OK, now for the serious answer.......

Overall. possibly, Glen, my first ever dog, a rescued Border Collie - he was my constant companion and guardian. I remember a summer day when I was about 10 years old. I was out for a walk with Glen, when some (slightly) older boys, from a different school decided to give me a walloping. They never got the chance - Glen put himself between me and them, then showed the lads the true meaning of the phrase "wall of teeth"! Of course, he wouldn't have done anything, but the boys weren't to know that, so they opted for the better part of valour and ran away.
I've always thought that he knew he had been rescued, and he thanked us by staying with us for 19 years.

As for Kali and Snorri, they always made me very proud. Being half-brothers (as well as uncle and nephew ), they looked alike, and both had blue eyes. I would take them both into town some afternoons, and people would stop to comment on them. I miss them more than I can say.....

Thorgeir, my new lad, is shaping up very well as a new friend and companion (all I ever ask of my dogs), and I've no doubt that he, too, will earn an exalted position in my heart.

The family Spaniels were all female, and less amenable to a late teenage boy, as I was then, but I had a lot of fun with them, too, and I miss them like fury, too. They were very different, not just through gender, but very much through breed and size (small, when you're used to the thundering bulk of a full-grown male BC!).

Different breeds, different sizes, different sexes, it matters not a whit - I love them all, and they were all special for one reason or another. Don't ask me to choose one........

Snorri
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 08:21 PM
My German Shep X Border collie

He protected me from the world, he wouldn't let anyone hurt us.....He was my loyal friend, right up until he died last April, aged 16 x
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Shhhhhhhhhh! Ollie, my GSP who constantly makes me laugh. He is so serious about his "work", he is so affectionate and cuddly (but not when he is "working") and he has taught us so much in the 2 years we have had him about making everything in his life relevant to his "work". Bless his little cottons.

Here he is stalking a plastic bottle which is just a ball substitute really...

aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 09:44 PM
My special dog was Zac (my first flatcoat). He was such a naughty pup, in fact for a while he was notorious in our area, but he grew into a fine big dog full of vitality and with such joy for life. He was everybody's friend, and we had the most wonderful times together. He reminded me what it was to be carefree and he taught me that play is a very serious and important matter. We had such empathy for each other - it was uncanny and I trusted him in any situation. We had nine short, fun filled, years together and I wish he was still around. Thank you Zac - my old friend.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 10:11 PM
All of mine are so so special...
Sam, the dog I grew up with, my protector and best friend as a child.
Tess, the dog to share my teenage angst, who gave me the love of her breed (English setters) and who broke our hearts when she died of bone cancer at not quite 9 years old.
Jamie, the complete love of my life, he is norty, has bad seperation anxiety from me, stubborn and self willed and a daft wally!!
Deacon, a real soft lad, who has the most easiest of temprements, loving and silly, he has a bad skin disorder and we had such issues with him as a pup, but he is worth all that, my lovely boy.
Remy, my Duchess and friend, norty and bossy, stubborn and self willed, cheeky and funny and taught my boys to sing and smile! She will always be so special and shattered my heart when she left me, I still cry for her now and wish she was here some 6 months after her death.
Codee, my first Pointer, a complete sensitive wuss, she has intelligence and beauty, recalls and watches me when out and about. Food orientated, bossy, willful and so affectionate, I love her to bits!!

But if I am pushed, then Jamie, he is my soulmate... my special boy, when that dog leaves my life I will be completely devastated...Its something I dread to think about to be honest!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Scouse my first GSD he saved my life

Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »