View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Aww, i'm sorry to hear that, had it happen to me with a dachs before I got Dusty, he had my name on him and she sold him to her friend instead.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I know how you feel because a smilar thing happened to me . I had provided a reference from my vet and it was all arranged . I had chosen my pup and picked a name for her .
I was absolutely devastated and I still think about her .
4 months later I got a wonderful pup from a much better breeder who was delighted to have got her pup such a good home .
I hope the same thing happens to you
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh how awful for you And very bad of the breeder to do that. If you tell someone they can have a pup then they should have the pup. We dont take deposits for any of our pups (dont want people taking a pup just cos they've paid a deposit if they're not 100%!!) and we dont make any promises of pups until we've met everyone and decide who can and cant have a pup. But once we've said we're holding a pup for that person that pup is effectively sold as far as im concerned. Very unprofessional of the breeder to sell the pup to someone else, i'd be fuming!

Have to say though, if she is only interested in the dogs working, rather than having a good pet home, then i'd be wary. A good, loving home should be a priority, then having the dog worked/shown should be a bonus IMO... But maybe thats just me.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2009, 02:33 PM
What a disappointment for you I wish I could give you a big hug.

Once you find the right dog and breeder, you will look at this time as the luckiest of your life.
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2009, 02:58 PM
sorry to hear you have been mess about and you are not alone i had this when i was getting my slovak ,i hope this has'nt put you off the breed as they are lovely and if you are still looking for one let me know an i will pm you the breeder of mine ,which i am very pleased with and i would go back to again ros
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 03:11 PM
So sorry she's let you down Hope you manage to find the right puppy for you x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the messages all, today would've been the day but like everyone says, it wasn't to be! I think even if she had offered me the bitch pup, I wouldn't have taken it as I don't think I want a pup from a breeder with so few morals!

Originally Posted by Holly-Rosee View Post
sorry to hear you have been mess about and you are not alone i had this when i was getting my slovak ,i hope this has'nt put you off the breed as they are lovely and if you are still looking for one let me know an i will pm you the breeder of mine ,which i am very pleased with and i would go back to again ros
Thanks for the offer hun. I've decided to take a step back from the Slovak for the time being, there are some things happening within the breed at the moment which makes me feel now is not the right time for me.....

I'm now looking at the Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla, as it was one of my choices before I settled onto the Slovak. I'm chatting to a couple of breeders and have a couple of people to seek out at the Grouse Pointing Test on Saturday, so watch this space!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Thanks for the messages all, today would've been the day but like everyone says, it wasn't to be! I think even if she had offered me the bitch pup, I wouldn't have taken it as I don't think I want a pup from a breeder with so few morals!

Thanks for the offer hun. I've decided to take a step back from the Slovak for the time being, there are some things happening within the breed at the moment which makes me feel now is not the right time for me.....

I'm now looking at the Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla, as it was one of my choices before I settled onto the Slovak. I'm chatting to a couple of breeders and have a couple of people to seek out at the Grouse Pointing Test on Saturday, so watch this space!
Good choice, Cocos breeder owned one, really good dog.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 08:25 PM
HWV are lovely, good luck in the search
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 05:18 PM
The trouble with Slovaks is that there are so few breeders out there to choose from. Sounds like you expressed interest with one of the top breeders as it is, no doubt the same kennel which produced Flynn's dad.

I know many who have a vested interest in Slovaks want them to remain workers so thats maybe why the breeder chose a working home but it's still not acceptable to do that to you.

The Wirehaired Vizsla is also a good choice though!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >