Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 10:04 AM

Anyone want

A stroppy 13 year old girl

She is driving me and her Dad up the wall
She has an answer for everything,her mouth is as big as the mersey tunnel,She refuses to do anything we ask,her bedroom constantly resembles a tip,her attitude stinks.

She swore at us last night infront of our friends,O/H went and shouted at her made her cry,he left her to stew for a while then apologised but said her stinky behaviour stops and now!
She agreed,then starts again this morning Grrrr

So she has had her laptop taken away for a few days and is grounded,although I feel like letting her out so we get peace and quiet
The atmosphere is our house is not pleasant,I've decided to ignore her,how long for I'm not sure because she has the knack of winding both me and her Dad up something awful.
My boys are so easy compared to her,any tips lol
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 10:08 AM

no tips, just you've reminded me to be grateful I have no kids!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Been there, done that.....

Not pleasant, hon x0x
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 10:28 AM
only 13 hmmmmm u do realise it gets worse as she gets older. ive got 35 and shes still giving me sleepless nights.
all i found was ignore the bad behavior (like dont even acknowledge that shes there) and reward the good behavior.
just let her know that u both love her, but she has hurt your feelings badly. and if she wants to be treated as a grownup. she better start acting more grown up.
and its all down to raging hormones, im pretty sure all i was interested in when i was 13 was horses. so mum n dad never saw much of me. ok they smelt me. used to love that horse smell lol
but good luck.
or kill 2 birds with 1 stone. let her move in with your horrible neighbours. they will want to move and she will want to behave.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
or kill 2 birds with 1 stone. let her move in with your horrible neighbours. they will want to move and she will want to behave.
Now that sounds like a plan

She is vile at the moment,I know she's growing up etc if she can't get the better of us she starts with her brothers.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I work with teens and TBH find the boys easy to handle but the girls! It sounds like you are doing really well, though, setting boundaries and refusing to be bullied. Good luck with it - they seem to turn into human beings again around 16 or so if that helps.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi, me and my mum used to get at it all the time when i lived at home, my dad used to have to get in between us sometimes. All i will say from my point of view at that age is - the more you tell her not to do something the more she probably will, if my mum told me not to do something it was like a red rag to a bull ! When i was a bit older i went out with some unsuitable people but i would'nt listen so i found out the hard way - sometimes this is the best way - if you make the mistake yourself i think you learn from that
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 04:40 PM
She is a nightmare!

The way she answers us too with a WHAT! that seems to be her favourite word along with NO,
Some of her trashy friends have called today while she popped down the shop for me,so I said she's not here, I haven't told her they have called either apparently they speak to their parents the way she is talking to us,so not sure if she's just pushing her luck at the moment and if she is, it's about to run out
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 04:47 PM
i was evil at that age bunked school, was rude, agressive etc....

what did my folks do? buy me a horse.... i buckled down for abit, calmed down and lost my attitude (slightly)!,

i wasnt intrested in boys then, or going out - just wanted to go see my horse

does get better though,,,, although im 20 now and become lazy rather than b1tchy.....

oh and MissE - I think i have put myself off having kids think from what i was like back then
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Swap you for a 13 year old boy who is usually holed up in his bedroom with an array of computers!! and we only see him when he leaves for school, when he comes in from school, when he wants fed or wants money!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >