Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 08:46 AM

Daily thread Sunday 9th July 2023

Another drizzly day here, guess it saves having to water the plants!
Brenda, did you get over to Worthing pride? I see blue were performing well, minus one member, he had trouble on an aeroplane....he really doesn't have much luck with air travel.
We had party in the park here, I completely forgot about it but tickets go quickly and in all honesty it would have been a bit much but, whoever the last band was.....wow! They were doing covers but they sounded really really good
Hoping Steve comes to pick the fence panels up today, we have got rid of the dull grey and gone bright blue...same as out the back
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 09:34 AM
Hi Kelly, no don't really go to those. Prefer to watch on tele. Hope you are feeling better. Have you got a date yet? Hope all other peeps are well and enjoying cooler weather. Bit of rain first thing here so got a bit damp on walk but not that bad. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Good morning Kelly and Brenda

Hope the fence panels get picked up and your new colour scheme sounds lovely. Just hope the new neighbours don't complain.

Sorry you got damp on your walk Brenda

I got Teazle out early and felt a few drops but it held off until I got home. Barry is doing the alteration to the water butt. Funny but I do seem to remember telling him that it would be better to get a proper stand and change the downpipes etc. but no that would cost money so what is he doing now (of course his idea) just what I suggest some time ago. I will never win with him. Having to dog walk neighbour's dog this afternoon so hope the rain holds off.

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 10:01 AM
Brenda, nope, no date yet, there's more strikes coming up too so guessing I will be waiting longer, just hoping that I don't get another infection or it will be delayed..... again!
Sue, unfortunately as we own the fence, we can paint it any colour we like and they can't touch it...they are welcome to install their own fence in their own property line as long as it's no taller than ours.....can only be 3ft high according to our council rules. As you can tell, going through the court process, I had to learn a lot about what you can and can't do. If you own both sides of the fence, nobody can paint it, attach things to it or even have things leaning up against it.
I did tell them about 2 weeks after they moved in that the panels were being replaced and it was going to be blue so they were aware it would be happening, just been a delay in getting the panels and getting things painted and installed.
I can't post photos but it's very very blue, same as my back garden....kind of Mediterranean looking
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 11:06 AM
Good morning/afternoon all

Bit of a hit and miss morning weatherwise. Did get a few drops of rain while we were out but most of the time it was just overcast and cool.

Perfect weather for starting lead walking at the side of the scooter on the prom. He's now used to walking on grass at the side of the scooter and at my side when I walk a short distance, but he did amazing this morning. Quick zoomies in the garden then an hour long nap

He also did well yesterday afternoon as he was out on the garden and the barky dog came out at the back of us and the visitor's dog next door also had a yap. Ted just cocked his head then got back to playing without a sound. However, when the lady next door shouted no to her dog in a deep voice, Ted flew in All little milestones in his development

If the promised sun does come out, we may go down to the village and get fish and chips
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 11:24 AM
Awww, bless him Chris. I took my pair to training classes and there was 2 dogs there that literally barked all the time. At the time it used to give me a headache and was annoying but now.....I am actually thankful, because they barked so much my pair literally don't care if a dog barks at them
Hope you get your fish and chips
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 12:23 PM
It's not looking promising so far Kelly. It's looking more like rain by the minute.

Just finished puppy fencing the garden to give Ted a smaller area to anhiliate. Should help with the housetraining too as he gets so distracted with a big area to explore and rip up
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 06:23 PM
Afternoon all back from the International food Festival at Hatton Park really enjoyed it and weather stayed okayish
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2023, 09:16 PM
Just watched the new wildlife programme. Beautiful, stunning photography. Night all.