View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the "skin off" tip folks, I may try them again now They'll be sooooo happy!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Another tip as Salmonella may be present on raw chicken is to pour boiling water over, then allowing to cool before feeding just in case.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Thanks Laura - I was doing that after you advised last time, and Roxy and Len were fine - it's just Mya who is plagued by a delicate tum in general
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2006, 11:16 PM
we started giving them to ours, Maggies breeder gave them to her so we just continued and of course it wouldn't be fair to give to her and leave the others out so they all have them now, our old mini bess has always had minor skin problems but since feeding wings and evening primrose oil they have all but disappeared.I'd mainly put that down to evening primrose as when we gave her cod liver oil they started to creep back but she just seems more spritely in her self eating a more natural diet which I suppose makes sense,we are constantly being told not to eat processed food (althought the day I give up junk food pigs might fly!)
Fluffypawz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2006, 01:07 PM
My friend feeds her cavalier chicken wings and swears by them for coat condition and general, teeth cleaning and dogs happiness in eating them.
My dogs like others on here are BARF fed and I wouldn't go back to processed food now I've seen the diferrence in condition and energy levels.
jamesy
New Member!
Male 

05-12-2006, 12:16 AM
interesting topic/thread, i feed my dogs raw & the benefits
overall are skin & coat condition is great, weight is more balanced,
stools are less as the body consumes more. this is just to mention a few of the plus side of things, although i personally think chicken skin is one of the more fatty digestibles concerning raw foods, lamb is great for bulking dogs but defo would not recommend long term as cholestrol
filled, i do still feed very small amounts of kibble now and again but tending to steer away from that now as my dogs seem much happier eating this way, scenario: how would you like to eat bran flakes every day? pretty boring huh?
sorry if this post has offended anyone just an opinion.. im not no nutrition guru or anything just my opinion of late thats all, thanks for reading
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3