Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 12:24 PM

At least say you are sorry!!

Walking back today on the waste ground I saw a dog in the distance running free
- I also saw the dog wardens parked up waiting to swoop on any dog who dared to poo on their watch - of course they were totaly ignoring the stray dog

I get to the end of the bit, heading onto the area with houses so I clip Ben on the lead (Mia already on) and two people come from another way franticly calling for a dog

I ask if it is a wee black one and let them know that I saw it about 5 min ago in this direction
Then it comes charging over

Its a dog that my two both met last spring but havent seen for a while, but I think nothing of it
Then the woman yells as it 'Dont go near those dogs!'
it charges right at us growling - of course Mia barks back
Then it launces at BEN (who is NEVER in fights and can usualy diffuse most situations) I drop the lead so he can move away and try and keep Mia out of the way
The wee dog is charging between my two jumping right in
The woman is yelling at her dog and eventualy it backs away a bit and she grabs it

and starts yelling at the dog as she walks away. what a bad dog it is, what a nightmare

Never once does she say she is sorry or ask how my dogs are

The dog wardens stay in their nice warm car - if one of mine had done a poo they would be out like a shot but otherwise not a thing

Thankfully mine are fine
I know accidents happen, dogs get loose, fights happen - but at the least you can say Sorry and check the dogs are OK!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Thank goodness your dogs were okay. It's extremely rude of her not to check that they were.

As for the dog wardens, how useless are they!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I know, the dog wardens make me so angry
A friend of mine was walking her dog and another from the street. They had all done their buisness (which she had cleared up) so she wasnt watching them 100% when a dog warden came up to her
'your dog has just poo'ed' says warden
'oh thankyou, where is it' says friend getting out poo bag
'no, first I have to fine you and issue a ticket and then I will show you the poo so you can pick it up'

friend angry but goes along with it
warden shows her the poo - she pickes it up - its COLD, her dog must have peed ontop of it, warden dosent know the difference between a dog peeing and pooing but even when its pointed out it couldnt have come out of her dog the warden still charges the owner

They are a waste of space!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Poor Mia and Ben... hope they are okay! They should have said sorry for their dogs behaviour at least! Or theirs for letting it off in the first place if they can't control it...
As for the dog wardens... waste of space!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Dog wardens first - I'd have walked over to their van and knocked on the window and said " when you're ready, that dog's stray" and see what they'd come up with!
(yep, I've done that before )

The least the woman could have said was sorry.
I'm glad Mia and Ben are ok.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I know, the dog wardens make me so angry
A friend of mine was walking her dog and another from the street. They had all done their buisness (which she had cleared up) so she wasnt watching them 100% when a dog warden came up to her
'your dog has just poo'ed' says warden
'oh thankyou, where is it' says friend getting out poo bag
'no, first I have to fine you and issue a ticket and then I will show you the poo so you can pick it up'

friend angry but goes along with it
warden shows her the poo - she pickes it up - its COLD, her dog must have peed ontop of it, warden dosent know the difference between a dog peeing and pooing but even when its pointed out it couldnt have come out of her dog the warden still charges the owner

They are a waste of space!
Yes, some are real "jobsworths". Our local one took great delight in telling me that he had "had to fine" a local police dog handler (there is one living near us who I know and he has two springers and one gsd). It must have made his day doing that to a copper - he probaby dined out on it for weeks. I am sure it would have been a complete accident on the part of the policeman, but no ground was given. I have known him years and he knows what he should and should not do when out with his dogs. The dog handler retalliated by saying "wait 'til I see you on double yellow lines in town". Testosterone must have got really out of control with them two
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 11:12 AM
oh i hate people like that! sometimes jake goes deaf, and runs up to other dogs for a play (which is why i am very careful when and where he gets off lead). all he wants is to play, but i always apologise for him running up to them. so if he ever growled or went for a dog i would apologise repeatedly! and make sure the dogs are ok... some people just dont seem to care.

and the dog warden sounds like an idiot, we have one who sits in the park in the afternoons all the time. never seen him getting out the van.