View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:42 PM

One woman and her dog - Eddy hates them...

Eddy's improving a lot lately and doesn't snap at most dogs, but there is one woman who has a border terrier who to be T's best friend. He doesn't like staffies so is always kept on a lead (even if the park is empty) so Takara has gone off him a bit anyway but Eddy hates him.

Do you think it's the lead that makes Eddy suspicious or because this woman has recently decided she doesn't like me? Could she be giving off a vibe to Eddy?

We used to get on very well but she changed a lot when I got Eddy and now it's clear to see she doesn't like me... so is it her sending vibes to her dog and that's causing the problem with Eddy or do you think it's Eddy not happy about the dog being on a lead EVERY time he meets him?

Or am I looking too deep into this and the dogs just don't get on?!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:43 PM
don't get me wrong - Eddy doesn't ever go for the woman... but he's told the dog off a good few times and has now started on her other dog (who is only a pup)...
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Dogs ain't stupid. They are bound to notice a difference in a persons attitude towards another. They will pick up on body language, voice tone and tension in the person long before another person will. Both her dogs and your's are bound to have picked up in it in my opinion.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 09:05 PM
I think Dogs are brilliant at reading Body language.
Kai is anyway and as I don't like many people I cant Hold him when we go out
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Amie,

I don't really have a problem with her so I think it's that she doesn't like me, her dog picks up on it, and Eddy picks up on her dog's attitude.

Now I think he's started on her pup because he associates her with the older dog...

I am determined not to blame Eddy for this, I've even started walking a different way so as to avoid her because she always claims 'Eddy tried to bite him' which is a load of rubbish. He's doing so much better that I don't think this is actually his fault.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2006, 11:46 AM
It could be a whole host of things, especially as you don't really know his past, maybe he had a run in with a dog of the same breed?

You could be right though, of my 3 dogs I feel the most 'connected' to Maddy. If i'm sad or angry or whatever she just 'knows', and she doesn't half make a fuss about it!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Aww bless her!

Eddy just cuddles whenever, he doesn't care how I feel as long as I get a cuddle whereas Takara, she's totally different. If I'm down, or sad, she doesn't come to cuddle me, she acts the goat and makes me laugh! Or tries to get me to play with her! I'm sure she does it on purpose, I can't be sad when she acts like a clown!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Aww bless her!

Eddy just cuddles whenever, he doesn't care how I feel as long as I get a cuddle whereas Takara, she's totally different. If I'm down, or sad, she doesn't come to cuddle me, she acts the goat and makes me laugh! Or tries to get me to play with her! I'm sure she does it on purpose, I can't be sad when she acts like a clown!
Charlie is the same as T, he tries to get me to play, or chase him about if i'm sad. Dusty is like Eddy, she just likes cuddle ALL day, she doesn't care who it is or why

Maddy will just fuss and fuss and cry and whimper and paw and just NOT leave me alone if i'm sad or angry etc. It is sweet, I have no idea why we are so connected. I love all my dogs immensely but she's got something special that one

So yes, if I don't like someone, she doesn't like them either, I think she can sense if I feel uneasy about them being in the house, and she makes it known

There is a particular friend of my fathers who I don't particularly get on with, and he has no idea why she never barks at anyone except him!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2006, 12:12 PM
haha! Yes, I can remember when I met a rather unsavoury character while walking the dogs. He was admiring Takara and asking questions about her and I think she could sense I wasn't happy.

I ended up saying 'don't go too close, she's agressive' (haven't a clue why, I'd never usually do that) and just as I said it she let rip, barking at him! That's my girl!

She also hates my sister's boyfriend (who I too don't get on with) with a passion!