View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Definately worrying I don't leave my dogs in the garden unless supervised ( as Poppy is a barker) but I will definately be more cautious of people petting them!! it would be so easy to grab one or other and run!!

Rachel
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:07 PM
is it just pedigree dogs that are being stolen??.im glad that bens a neutered cross . mind u he could be taken by a druggie for ramson, theres a few of them around here
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:09 PM
No any Dog is fair game but Staffies seem to be the most favoured Dog tho
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:50 PM
gee thats not good is it.

i never leave my 2 anywhere on there own, just through sheer fear of that happening - though someone may have a problem just picking them up and poping them under their arm!!

i have however had MANY many people ask me how much i paid for them, and comments like 'wow you've got a lot of money on the end of those dog leads' put me on an instant gard!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 08:07 PM
I think it is about one of the worst things that can happen to any dog owner - it must be horrendous, wondering where your dog is, whether they are being looked after etc. I would go insane if my dogs were stolen.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm mortified reading that every single one of those places is within a 10 minute walk of my house & my dog normally sleeps out, think they'd have a job lifting him coz hes so big & have a 6 1/2 foot solid wall to get over but I'm so wary after reading that I've closed up my kennel tonight & brought my boy in, think he will be staying inside for now till we can afford the CCTV we are hopefully going to be getting.

Will be so on my guard now coz my dogs attract sooo much attention as it is already a 10 min walk into town takes about 30 - 45 mins if I take my dogs.

I think whoever it was who said about holding onto the dogs coller whilst strangers pet the dogs is a brill idea will be doing that from now on me thinks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Worrying story,I am wary of people when they start asking questions about Ollie,I would never leave him in the car unattended or outside the shops.I would like to see someone try to pick him up though .He is also wary of strangers I was worrying slightly over this but maybe I will let him exercise caution when meeting people,some people he meets without hesitation others he is very wary of,maybe he senses things.
My Neighbour was going to leave her Bulldog quite an elderly dog and her Mini Shnauzer(sp) outside with her Daughter about 13 a few months ago but there was this suspicous character hanging around so she stayed outside and her Daughter went in the shop and he came up to her and said if you had left your Daughter out here I would of stolen both your dogs.Spud the Shnauzer(sp) would of bitten him and barked the place down.She told him what she would of done to him if he had tried that.If your man go ouch.
I think this is one of the reasons why young people shouldn't be left in charge of dogs on their own anymore its not a safe place.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Two a week on average are disappearing from the Croydon area. Now when I walk Len in the dark, I'm "carrying". I'm afraid if they want my dog, they will get hurt.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2006, 09:23 AM
I NEVER leave Diesel tied up ANYWHERE because people don't see Shar Pei's very often he attracts alot of attention and alot of people asume we paid thousands for him, it worries me greatly and always has that someone would take him if he was ever left somewhere, although not sure he would ALLOW anyone to take him and they would have a job lifting him, what is the world coming to
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2006, 10:18 AM
I just cant imagine how that poor little girl feels, missing her dog it must be awful.
There is a note in a window in a shop near me saying that a couple of dogs have been kidnapped from a garden with a high wall as well.
I never leave mine outside a shop and I never leave them in the car on their own either.
Where I go they go and as I have 4 dogs on a couple of double link leads they would have a job taking all 4 of them, but they would not get the chance. I might be a little un bit I have a big temper where my doggies are concerned. Pity the bloke who tried to pinch one of mine he would be singing in a very high voice LOL
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2