View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
aww luke what a horrible thing to happen to you an ralph sending you big hugs from me and the boys
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 01:30 PM
so glad you (and the dogs) are ok Luke - sounds nasty

I too would contact the dog warden, and also tell them than Bill can give them a statement - since he spoke(!) with the owner, and is able to corroborate your version of events.

In the current climate, i feel it is the only responsible thing to do - what if it had been a small child or small dog?

Also get that 'scratch' checked out at your local clinic.

thandi
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Because the dog harmed you Luke (regardless of being a scratch)-you are entitled for the Police to follow it up so report him.I daresay the Police wont do anything this time except issue a warning perhaps,but atleast the incident will be logged and he will be prosecuted should it happen again.

Me personally-i would have kicked the owner in the balls...
My thoughts exactly.

Poor Ralphie and poor you - are your tetanus jabs up to date?

What a disgraceful attitude this man had, I do hope you are going to follow through with a police report. It could happen again, and to someone who is not as dog knowledgable as you, or who has not got anyone to help.

In this day and age, especially in light of recent events, it is especially important that we, as responsible dog owners, are vigilant with our 'guarding' breeds (I have a Dobe) and this chap with the GSD should be aware of this. A terrible experience for a puppy like Ralph, give him a kiss from me.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Good Lord, hope you are going to get the scratch checked out Luke if it hurts to move your neck/head.
The bloke sounds like a complete div, maybe it would have been a different kettle of fish if his dog had come off worst. Did he not realise Ralph was a baby.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 03:08 PM
poor Ralph and poor you Luke, what an awful experience for you both, its good to know Ralph is non the worse for his experience, poor pup, sounds like he stood his ground with such an agressive dog. You were very fortunate that your neighbour came along and helped you out.

you may need a tetanus for the scratch though!

hope you both are OK
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 03:23 PM
What a shock for you! I hope your bite is ok, and Ralph of course.
What an idiot (understatement there ) that owner is, letting his dog run wild. Of course it is his responsibility what the dog does, no matter where it is. I would be distraught if my dog had done that

I hope you never have to bump into them again
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 03:38 PM
i echo what everyone else has said on here, get that wound looked at luke. and report that moron to the police.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 03:49 PM
What a horrible experience and what an ass of an owner! Hope you and Ralph are feeling better soon.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I would go to A&E to get the wound checked get a report from them , go to the police give them the details and a copy of the report, but DEFINATELY report him.. not supervising your animal does not mean you are not responsible for what it does what a load of baloney...is he saying if he had seen it attack you he would have taken responsibilty ??? what a fool .. this idoit does no favours to the owners of guard breeds

Glad Ralph is OK and didn't get seriously hurt .. Big hugs and healing doggy licks from Poppy & Willow
Rachel
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 08:39 PM
there are some complete and utter t*****s out there...
I'm so sorry you and ralph went through this Luke...kepp your chin up and hugs to you both...
Axxxxx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >