View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 01:44 PM
a large container of water to minimise tummy upsets in new house.

Good idea especially if the pup is going to live any distance away. in a different water area. Must say I always carry water for mine if we go out as a change of water gives my dog the trots.
Curio-Kennel
New Member!
Female 

11-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Each of my puppies goes home with a Eukanuba puppy pack, a typed copy of our genetic health guarantee, registration paperwork, enough food to help transition the puppy over to her new food, and helpful information about deworming, benefits of spaying/neutering/etc.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Blimey things have changed since my last purchases of pups from breeders! As I recall I got the dog, the KC reg. forms, vaccination/worming info and stuff and was just 'told' what they'd been fed on (after me asking them)!

The water suggestion is a VERY good one. I was told about this long ago. It's the change in 'local' water that is usually responsible for a lot of 'holiday tummy' problems in humans too (but usually food is blamed). Doesn't seem to affect if it is bottled however.

I think info and advice about worming remedies used is important too.
DopeyDutch
New Member!
Female 

22-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Besides breeding as a hobby, we own an embroidery business. We give small totes to the owners with our logo and their puppies name, if they have named it. With their tote, we include:
The litter certificate
Picture of the puppy at about five weeks
Exam papers from the first vet visit
A bag of Large Breed Puppy food
Small can of wet puppy food
Small can of Pumpkin in case of constipation or diarrhea
Toys
Blanket
The standard folder given by AKC with helpful pamphlets etc
Contract/Guarantee
At the vet we receive packs of heartgaurd and frontline for free for the puppies and send those home.
All puppies come with collars that they had been wearing since about give weeks for identification

After the puppies go home, we spend time collecting various pictures and create personalized scrapbooks for the families of their puppy from birth to a couple of weeks after theyve been at their new home.

Thats pretty much it, sometimes we send various other things for individual puppies. Christmas time we had a litter and send them with mini stockings full of treats.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2