Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2013, 05:50 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread - Saturday

Thinking of Lynn, Gorden and Dillon and hoping their move was successful and uneventful.

I hope everyone is well and has a

and special wishes to Pat for a very

madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Morning Malka and all,

I am also thinking of Lynn and Gordon this morning and hoping they have had a good first night in their lovely new home.

Happy Birthday Pat I hope you have a lovely day.

I had a lovely night out last night with my sister, the band at the pub were very good and we were up dancing away.

Poor Charly has been quite ill the past few days so i am hoping this morning she feels better. if she does we will be going out, if not we won't.
I am booked in with a new local hairdressers this afternoon. I just hope they can get my hair right.

Quite windy out there this morning, but nothing I suppose for what we are forecast Sunday night and Monday.

Have a good day all and take care.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning Malka and everyone

Ooooooh is it our Pat's 21st today then???? A Very Happy Birthday to you Pat, I hope you're doing something extra speshull today, and you can pour yourself an extra laaaaarge one later and pour me one too, I like birthdays

Haven't been keeping up at all, we had a really busy day yesterday. My guests are in and they adore it she's American and she thinks it's sooooo cute, I just hope they last out the winter in it. We sold the old Astra too. Then we decided to go down the town in the afternoon (no nanny nap then!) to get a new shower cos our's won't turn properly, it's very old. We found this brilliant bathroom store, it was huuuuge, he kept taking us "out the back" where there were yet more suites, and I spotted this beautiful suite with big, chunky, shiny square taps, the shower was also square and even the radiator, so he worked out a price for it, and I think we're going to buy it. This of course, will mean Dave's next project is to start on the bathroom, but first, we have to sort out our big van furniture.

We went up and measured all the fitted seating, and spent the entire evening on Gumtree, but ended up finding a bit of a dodgy dealer, who supplies new, but has no showroom, just the picture online and he delivers to this area for £40, so I've decided on 2 x 2 seater sofa's or maybe a 3 plus a 2 if we can get them in, and will ring him before lunch and he'll bring them over and we can keep them in the garage. At this price he won't have them for long, so even though we can't get in there to do it yet, at least we have it for when Dave rips it all out. We've also decided to rip out the dining horseshoe shape area, and replace that with a dining room table and chairs, it'll give so much more space in there, let alone look fab! This will be much cheaper than having the existing cushions covered, a fraction of the price, so it makes sense.

Been a very windy night, but dry, but I'm dreading Sunday night down on this south coast I remember 1987 very well, we'd just moved into our other house and it changed the landscape dramatically, even took our garage away, so with all these huge trees I'm surrounded by in these woods, I dread to think

Lynn, I wish you'd thought about getting a dongle before you moved and we wouldn't have to sit here in suspenders waiting to hear how it all went. I hope you're all moved in now, and Dillon is loving his new garden. Can't wait to hear from you.

Catch you all later, we're having a quiet one apart from a bit of measuring in the van cos this is the first Saturday I've had off since last March, I'm going to make the most of it. Enjoy the week-end all.

ETA Morning Bev, you snuck in there, sorry to hear about Charly not being well again, but hope you manage to get out. Hark at you dancing the night away there!!! Good luck with the hair, my biggest nightmare too atm.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning Malka and all to come,

I think everyone is still in bed apart from us I collected my son from a different station last night as he had to change trains and would have had to wait nearly 40 minutes for the connection. It was quicker for me to do the 14 miles round trip and collect him. We got back home around 12.20 I slept right through last night but it was an early start as OH has gone off for his last race meet. Its still VERY dark outside but of course our clocks go back tomorrow so it will seem lighter.

Malka - I hope you and Pereg had a good night.
Pat - Happy Birthday to you and I hope you enjoy the day. I can imagine that Bella will be singing 'happy birtrhday' in her little soprano voice while she carries in your breakfast I brought a cake in with me last night for you but as you didn't reappear I'm afraid we ate some. Take a look ..... it was Sally's idea ... honest.
Lynn - First morning in your new home. I hope all three of you slept OK as you must have been so exhausted. ((hugs)).

A quiet day here ... I hope other than walking the dogs, putting some washing on and buying some food for the weekend.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Morning Bev - I am glad you had an enjoyable night out last night with your sister - dancing to a good band in a pub sounds lovely to me!

But I am sorry to hear that Charly has been ill for a few days and do hope she feels a bit better this morning. (((hugs))) for Charly.

I never really understand this hairdresser problem - many years ago when I was in England all the local hairdressers had "students" evenings, and somehow they all coped with my hair [I used to go to each one in turn!]. Then one of the nearly qualified trainees used to learn things like streaking by getting people to go to her home and not the salons, and she was absolutely brilliant.

And as far as I was concerned, if I ended up looking good it was a miracle, and if not then I did not look any worse than I did beforehand!

But I have been cutting my own hair for years now, although now I just set the clippers on #2 and zooz over my head!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Bev and Helena you both snuck in while I wasn't looking .

Bev - Poor Charly feeling unwell and I do hope she's feeling better when she wakes up and you'll get out together after all. Good luck with the hair dresser and let us know how you get on.
Helena - There was me thinking you'd finished 'doing' your house and now a new bathroom suite ... not that I'm jealous of course, I've only been waiting about 6 years When my family owned a van on the Gower peninsula we replaced all the furniture with loose and it was lovely and much more homely. Enjoy your Saturday off
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Happy Birthday Pat, hope you have a great day

I will be back later to read through.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 07:17 AM
Blimey, two days in a row I've popped in here now!

Couldn't miss saying a happy birthday to Pat Hope you and the " boss " have a great day!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Thank you for all the birthday wishes. Will say thanks too for the birthday wish email from Dogsey but I don't think the people named in it KNOW they've sent you a birthday wish as old names are used and some I've never heard of! (and especially as some of the sig lines contain wishes from pets who've since passed on?) So this must be something auto generated by the forum?

It will be just another day for me. But the weather is absolutely GLORIOUS and I will be taking it easy and sorting out something special for lunch (but do have a quickie job for work to see to first - having decided I couldn't be bothered to get off the sofa and do it last night!)

I am rethinking my planned half day on Makenzy beach with lunch at Gorgona as I'd forgotten it was yet another Greek public holiday and it will be total madness at the beaches and hard to get a table at the eateries - I tend to stay home for all high days and holidays as it is lovely outside on my verandah and the view's better than from most eateries anyway!

I had already had my pressies from all 3 kids. But had another 3 or 4 to open and now have some lovely new earrings (2 lots) a lovely scarf and a glass earring dish thingie as well as a few cards.

REALLY wish I could see how Lynn is getting on today!

Madmare
Sounds like a lovely night last night letting your hair down a bit and kicking back with your sister. Sorry to hear Charly is unwell again. Hope she perks up so you can go out.

Helena
Great idea to put 'proper' furniture in the van. All those mobiles I looked at here - it was those with proper furniture you could 'move around' that looked the best and most like 'home'.

Jenny
I think you are the ultimate 'mum taxi'! I remember the days but it was when the boys and Jen were in their teens to and fro from various night spots! Your mention of the Gower Peninsula took me back a few decades. Used to 'house and cat sit' for a bank manager friend of mine many years ago when the boys were little in his posh pad overlooking the sea. Lovely free holiday for me and the lads overlooking the Mumbles(?) summat like that anyway and I recall the huge flat beaches (and the freezing cold sea and the Welsh rain!)

(Traitor dog has not bought me anything and her version of singing happy birthday to me seemed to sound strangely similar to her usual demanding bark to be taken out? (You probably won't fall over with surprise to hear I picked her up - showed her me and her in the mirror and sang Happy Birthday to myself - that shut her up lol!)

I don't know when she came to bed last night but I went off to bed and when I got up to get a drink at about 4am she was still sleeping in the living room!

Malka
I do trim my own fringe but leave the rest of it to hairdressers and, although I usually get the local girl, Andrea to do mine, have to admit there is something 'nice' about going to the proper shop - a morning spent in Toni & Guys is a morning when I can't be doing anything else and leaves me feeling quite relaxed (not as good as a massage tho!)

Nippy
Seeya later then!

I am going to whizz off in the car in a mo and try to get the last zinc coppered big plant pot (dunno why I didn't buy all three at the time) hope it's still there.

Might see if I can order in a lunchtime special from Panos steakhouse to be delivered too. If they are still doing them over the public holiday weekend. Rather fancy a steak diane.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Morning all. I've not been up long 8.15. I woke up at 7 & fell back to sleep again. OH had to ring the phone upstairs to get me up cos he was ready to use the bathroom.
Have a very Happy Birthday Tang.
That big van is going to be even more gorgeous Helena.& a new bathroom in the house. What will you do when you've got all your projects done & what will Dave do with his weekends.
Another one here thinking of Lynn. I do hope she's more enthusiastic now she's in.
Sorry Charly isn't well Bev but your night out sounded good
You're the ultimate taxi driver Jenny Hope your son appreciates it.
I made one pair of my kitchen curtains yesterday. Another one to go yet but I've not got enough material for tie backs so will have to go to town & see what I can come up with.

to everyone I've missed. Off to get dressed now & take Taff out.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »