View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2011, 07:13 AM
I saw it on FB a few weeks ago and couldn't watch it all. One thing that did stick in my mind was how crafty he was about it, he always makes sure he kicks the dog on the opposite side to where the owner is standing.

It is obvious he has hurt the dogs by their reactions.

I would think some of his methods could result in a dog ending up with more issues than they started with.

If I ever saw him on the street I'd kick his head in and tell him I was only using my foot as a distraction - see what he thought of that.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Seen an ad for his new series. Got to admit I'm going to watch one or two and see if his techniques have changed. I used to like him when I first saw it, thought it made sense. I was only young (ish) at the time, and have learnt alternate methods since thanks to the positive trainer/behaviourist who has taken me under her wing.
So I will have to think back to how he used to be...
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2011, 10:41 PM
That's appalling, I must admit, I started watching wondering if they were referring to a method called 'kicking off' which is basically shoving off your dog as they come into you, but no, he's just booting dogs. I use the kicking off method really effectively, because a dog that's been kicked off and knows a reward is there will bounce straight back into you, whether that's for heelwork or a retrieve, it's incredibly effective, and not a kick, but a push. I'd hate for that term to get mixed up with sticking a boot up your dog's jacksy.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
'kicking off' which is basically shoving off your dog as they come into you. I use the kicking off method really effectively, because a dog that's been kicked off and knows a reward is there will bounce straight back into you, whether that's for heelwork or a retrieve, it's incredibly effective, and not a kick, but a push.
I'm not familiar with this method and can't seem to find anything relevant on google. Is this a method to get the dog to stop jumping up or come back???
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't think he kicks then persay, more like nudges then kicks.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
The clip that starts at 1:02 - that is not a "nudge". Bump into someone in the street and they'll probably barely notice, but "bump" into them with as much force in that "nudge" and you'll probably find yourself on the receiving end of a few glares and rude words, if not more!
The dogs are already riled up/stressed as it is anyway so even a small nudge can tip them over the edge. Back to my street comparison - on a good day, if someone nudges into you accidentally, like I said, you'd probably barely notice and brush it off. Say you'd just had a bit of a scare, a drunk had come up and verbally abused you and threatened you so you were on edge and trying to walk away, and someone nudged into you...there's a good chance you'll react a bit more dramatically because of the adrenaline/fear/worry after that situation. Lots of dogs are reactive/aggressive through fear so to put them in a fearful situation AND give them a nudge/kick is just pushing them beyond their thresholds with the whole aim of getting a reaction so he can then correct it and look like he's fixed the dog.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
The clip that starts at 1:02 - that is not a "nudge". Bump into someone in the street and they'll probably barely notice, but "bump" into them with as much force in that "nudge" and you'll probably find yourself on the receiving end of a few glares and rude words, if not more!
The dogs are already riled up/stressed as it is anyway so even a small nudge can tip them over the edge. Back to my street comparison - on a good day, if someone nudges into you accidentally, like I said, you'd probably barely notice and brush it off. Say you'd just had a bit of a scare, a drunk had come up and verbally abused you and threatened you so you were on edge and trying to walk away, and someone nudged into you...there's a good chance you'll react a bit more dramatically because of the adrenaline/fear/worry after that situation. Lots of dogs are reactive/aggressive through fear so to put them in a fearful situation AND give them a nudge/kick is just pushing them beyond their thresholds with the whole aim of getting a reaction so he can then correct it and look like he's fixed the dog.
Agree, a nudge is totaly different when you are scared

But also some of those nudges clearly move the dogs a foot or so across the ground

Also, I think it was the golden in particular, his reaction was over the top enough for the level of 'nudge' that it made me wonder what 'conditioning' had gone on behind the scenes
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Nudge ,to push slightly or gently, especially with the elbow, to get someone's attention...

Strange that a dog should scream out and cower on its stomach after a mere 'nudge' as I have seen dogs do in CM videos..
...see this video at 1m.59s a one example.
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...57#post2208657

Nudging/touching/flicking use whatever euphemism you will it doesn't get away from the fact CM is kicking with his foot inflicting pain and discomfort on dogs.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Discomfort yes, but outright pain? Perhaps, some breeds react differently, softer breeds might have a pain like reaction harder breeds might have a more aggressive like reaction.

I can only say with my own dogs, one is soft & CM's stuff would traumatize her greatly, my older dog would most surely bite him & the further he pushed her the further she would actress until she inflicted serious damage.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Wouldnt you think the kick with the skate hurt? and also he could easily have overbalanced and kicked even harder than he ment to
Page 22 of 49 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 > Last »