View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Can't imagine how hard this is for you all, but good news are no tumours. Hope the vets find out what's going on soon, think like with humans dogs might have different pain threshold, whatever is going on, hope Ollie is better soon,he's being a brave dog and in best place for finding out probs, even though hard, thinking of you all (x)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks for the update Lynn, I've been checking in regularly to see if there is any news xxx

Thank goodness there are no tumours, that did cross my mind and I know it was in yours also. Maybe the pain was just too much for him to cope with and, whatever it is, caused him to collapse at the back end...I just cannot grasp at any possible answers here, even with all my years of doggy ownership.

I'm sure he is missing you, but if he is warming to the vet that has got to be a good sign, bless him.

I truly hope it will be good news and he can come home to you tomorrow.

Still thinking of you all and still got everything crossed xxx
Thanks Sheree the result of no tumours was good too hear. The results about the bone disease is worrying but like Gorden said we knew what we were signing up for when we got him this will be managed I think but it will obviously shorten his life. I will make the most of the time we have whether it is a short time or longer and we will get all he needs to make his life comfortable.

Originally Posted by minx4 View Post
Thinking of you and Ollie xx
Thank you

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Can't imagine how hard this is for you all, but good news are no tumours. Hope the vets find out what's going on soon, think like with humans dogs might have different pain threshold, whatever is going on, hope Ollie is better soon,he's being a brave dog and in best place for finding out probs, even though hard, thinking of you all (x)
Thank you he is being brave he has never been away from us before I hope he doesn't think we have abandoned him.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Hope Ollie is home soon. Thinking of you xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Ah, sorry he's not home with you tonight. I know it's really hard when they are away but I will keep everything crossed that Ollie is back with you really soon.
Try to get some rest tonight.
x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear there are no tumours, but sorry he can't come back home yet, but it's obviously for the best until he's back to his normal self. It must be really hard for you, but it's also nice to hear Ollie is warming to them isn't it, bless his heart.

Just a thought, but did he have an injection the other night coz I've had two dogs now that have completely collapsed on their back ends after whatever jab it is they give them when in doubt (I think it could be that Vitamin K one?). Just worth a thought, clutching at straw here!

All the best with the results you're still waiting on.xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad to hear there are no tumours, but sorry he can't come back home yet, but it's obviously for the best until he's back to his normal self. It must be really hard for you, but it's also nice to hear Ollie is warming to them isn't it, bless his heart.

Just a thought, but did he have an injection the other night coz I've had two dogs now that have completely collapsed on their back ends after whatever jab it is they give them when in doubt (I think it could be that Vitamin K one?). Just worth a thought, clutching at straw here!

All the best with the results you're still waiting on.xxxxx
He had one in the early hours of Thursday morning from the vet school that was morphine based too help him relax when we got home and too hopefully help him too sleep as he was so uncomfortable and panting. He had another one yesterday from our vet it was a painkiller in case it was painful for him to pass urine. Funny I did wonder that but when I spoke to Ellie last night she didn't feel it was that because when he walked he was swaying like a ship at his back end I have never seen anything like it. She called it Ataxia I think
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Been thinking of you all day Lynn.
Ollie will be in my prayers tonight and I hope that tomorrow will bring good news and a great improvement.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the update lynn.
I am really pleased to hear there are no tumours, of course you will be worried about the bone disease, but hopefully that is in very early stages so will not impact on him for a long time yet and is not the cause of this.
Is he managing to wee normally yet?
I should imagine Ollie will be sleeping most of the time there so I wouldn't think he will be thinking you have abandoned him. Listen to me saying that, the person who is convinced her dogs feel exactly the same if she has to leave them in a strange place .
Fingers crossed the test results are good and it still turns out to be something simple.
I will keep checking back for updates. They do seem very good and are certainly being very thourough. Your boy will be home soon I am sure and you can spoil him rotten then
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2010, 07:17 PM
sorry to hear ollie is still not home with you but at least you no he is in the best place at the minute, its sound good that he is warming to the vet, even if its only a little bit, its got to help with his stress levels

no advice to offer to you as i dont have much experiance with illnesses in dogs but just know that me and ruby and sending all the healing vibes we can muster up and here's a ((( hug ))) for you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Thank you it is very hard especially as we know what a stress head he is. You are right I think dogs have a higher pain threshold and thats why sometimes things are worse than they could of been because they show no signs till it is quite late into the problem.

Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Hope Ollie is home soon. Thinking of you xx
Thank you hopefully home tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Ah, sorry he's not home with you tonight. I know it's really hard when they are away but I will keep everything crossed that Ollie is back with you really soon.
Try to get some rest tonight.

Thank you the wine is out and the mulled wine think that is the only way I am going to relax.
x
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Been thinking of you all day Lynn.
Ollie will be in my prayers tonight and I hope that tomorrow will bring good news and a great improvement.
Thank you Jen. Hope you are doing ok

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Thanks for the update lynn.
I am really pleased to hear there are no tumours, of course you will be worried about the bone disease, but hopefully that is in very early stages so will not impact on him for a long time yet and is not the cause of this.
Is he managing to wee normally yet?
I should imagine Ollie will be sleeping most of the time there so I wouldn't think he will be thinking you have abandoned him. Listen to me saying that, the person who is convinced her dogs feel exactly the same if she has to leave them in a strange place .
Fingers crossed the test results are good and it still turns out to be something simple.
I will keep checking back for updates. They do seem very good and are certainly being very thourough. Your boy will be home soon I am sure and you can spoil him rotten then
Thanks Bev. We all give the same advice don't we ?

They are being brilliant and update me even too say there is nothing too update on but it has been a while so we feel you just need too know everything is going ok. Big tin of biscuits for them I think.

Originally Posted by loufoxyloxy View Post
sorry to hear ollie is still not home with you but at least you no he is in the best place at the minute, its sound good that he is warming to the vet, even if its only a little bit, its got to help with his stress levels

no advice to offer to you as i dont have much experiance with illnesses in dogs but just know that me and ruby and sending all the healing vibes we can muster up and here's a ((( hug ))) for you
Thank you Lou much appreciated especially the hug.
Page 12 of 123 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 62 112 > Last »