Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2005, 12:45 PM

Its just hit me!!!!!!

It has just hit me that one day, we are all going to die!
Its a strange thought that litterally we will close our ewyes forever, never see sky again, never feel grass below our feet, never see the ones we love, never hear a bird again, its a strange thought that we all have to die.
But it sounds odd, but i suppose thats the easy part in life, the only thing certain is that once we are born we will all die, i suppose its the in between that is the difficult part.
And once i ahd thought on tihs, it got me thinking about life, and then i thought bout u lot.
In your opinions, what is the point to life?
What is the main purpose?
What are we all here to do?
See should be a good thread
best wishes
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Sweetheart, you're only a baby, you shouldn't be having thoughts like this

The point of life is to enjoy it to it's fullest. It's way to short not to
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Mmn, i knwo but i seem to be loosing everyone close to me latley, which has sort of set my mind to ponder.
I find it fascinating that we are put on this planet for a period of time, but it is never clear why we are here.
My dearly departed uncle used to say "It doesnt matter when you die, or where you die aslong as you have done everything you wanted and wish to do".
I never understood it then, but now it makes sense.
But in this world, we all ahve different conseptions of what the point to life is, and there are lots of conceptions on an afterlife.
Personally i would like to believe there is something out there, maybe a life after death.
Anyway, any more opinions on individuals opinions on the purpose to life?
best wishes
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Luke ((hugs)) xxx stay positive and look after yourself xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
My dearly departed uncle used to say "It doesnt matter when you die, or where you die aslong as you have done everything you wanted and wish to do".
I couldn't agree more, and of had fun doing it all too.

Losing my Dad at an early age made me look at life differently. It made me realise that we're here today, and gone today. I always took life for granted. Life isn't a dress rehearsal, it's the real thing, you can't change what you've done (as much as I'd like too)

Grab life with both hands Luke, and enjoy. You only get one crack at it
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 01:09 PM
the meaning of life: to find something you love, and do it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Aw Luke you are a real thinker.

The point to life? Not sure. It certainly isn't a dress rehearsal and we shouldn't waste a single second of it ... but we do.

If you believe in an afterlife perhaps we are here to learn. To learn about ourselves. To learn to cherish, love, forgive, kindness, humility, to make the best of what we have, to be selfless, appreciate beauty, patience. Perhaps we are here to learn to live together harmoniously (like we do on Dogweb ).

If we live and die and only ever please ourselves, what is the point in that?

But you're right - I often wonder about it all. And what about the Universe? Where does that fit in? What about other planets? Is there other life - surely we are not the only inhabited planet? Or are other planet previous attempts gone wrong?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 01:47 PM
i guess it depends wot u believe in.
But i believe we are all here to learn and that there is an afterlife.
If you've ever read any of John Edwards books, you will understand wot i believe, but i can never put it down in words!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Very good answers.
I find it fascinating that the same thing happens to us all, yet we all have very different conseptions
best wishes
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Aww bless you Lu-1
I think when you are young, death seems such a scary thing..I was obsessed by death when I was younger , but as I've got older it doesn't seem to worry me half as much
Grab life with both hands and don't waste a second of it......and stop worrying about it..go out there and get whatever it is that will make you happy!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >