Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 06:33 AM

Bruce the Protector

Last night just before bedtime, we let our three out for thier nightly wee etc., I could hear the Police helicopter right over head and could see blue flashing lights, I went back in and said to Pat ''it looks like there's trouble over the back where those new houses are''. We suddenly heard our three going mad, snarling barking etc.,

I ran out and suddenly saw a head pop up over the back fence, I called mine (as you do) but recall had vanished

Bruce lept straight up a six foot fence with a 2 ft trellis on top and the figure fell backwards. My three were going barmy, they were so far gone that they were paying no attention to me what-so-ever.

I could hear shouts of ...he's over here!! he's over here!! when suddenly the figure got up on our shed roof.

Bruce spun round lept onto the BBQ and lept straight onto the shed roof, the figure jumped back down....in panic.

They caught him, I haven't a clue what was going on, but at least I know no-one will get into our garden

I had to get the ladders and lift Bruce back off the shed, with Pats help....he suddenly decided he couldn't get back off....
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Awww bless his little heart..just goes to show that he won't let anyone or anything hurt his family...you should contact the local newspaper and let them know what a hero he is..it might just deter anyone else from venturing onto his territory if they read his story.

Big hugs to him from me and Leon xxx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 06:41 AM
What a brave boy! and very sweet he could not get off the roof by himself

Wys
x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Well done Bruce. "Bruce the brave" as he shall now be known. We wust won't mention him being stuck on the shed afterwards!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 06:56 AM
What a fab boy Bruce is He must make you feel very safe. Bless him that he was scared of coming down off the roof
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Awww bless his little heart..just goes to show that he won't let anyone or anything hurt his family...you should contact the local newspaper and let them know what a hero he is..it might just deter anyone else from venturing onto his territory if they read his story.

Big hugs to him from me and Leon xxx
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
What a brave boy! and very sweet he could not get off the roof by himself

Wys
x
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Well done Bruce. "Bruce the brave" as he shall now be known. We wust won't mention him being stuck on the shed afterwards!
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What a fab boy Bruce is He must make you feel very safe. Bless him that he was scared of coming down off the roof
Huuuuuuuum might contact the local rag,

mind you i won't mention that he started whimpering afterwards when he realised how high the shed was
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Well done Bruce its nice to feel protected isn't it ?
Bet the Police were glad he picked on your garden must of made their job easier.
Bless him that he needed helping off the shed roof afterwards.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Last night just before bedtime, we let our three out for thier nightly wee etc., I could hear the Police helicopter right over head and could see blue flashing lights, I went back in and said to Pat ''it looks like there's trouble over the back where those new houses are''. We suddenly heard our three going mad, snarling barking etc.,

I ran out and suddenly saw a head pop up over the back fence, I called mine (as you do) but recall had vanished

Bruce lept straight up a six foot fence with a 2 ft trellis on top and the figure fell backwards. My three were going barmy, they were so far gone that they were paying no attention to me what-so-ever.

I could hear shouts of ...he's over here!! he's over here!! when suddenly the figure got up on our shed roof.

Bruce spun round lept onto the BBQ and lept straight onto the shed roof, the figure jumped back down....in panic.

They caught him, I haven't a clue what was going on, but at least I know no-one will get into our garden

I had to get the ladders and lift Bruce back off the shed, with Pats help....he suddenly decided he couldn't get back off....
OMG
Big brave Brucey
God I would have freaked Just goes to show you doesn't it Steph how our dog's protect us. Sometimes we think we have a wuzz and then this happens. Bless them all for protecting you.
You still wannnaaa swop?
Elaine xxx

ps I have a mental image now of Brucey standing on your shed, saying "get me down mum, get me down"
Elaine xxxx
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Well done Bruce I bet you are well in the good books.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well done Bruce its nice to feel protected isn't it ?
Bet the Police were glad he picked on your garden must of made their job easier.
Bless him that he needed helping off the shed roof afterwards.
He was hard work to get off the shed....panic set in with him almost like ''''F*** what am I doing up here''
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
OMG
Big brave Brucey
God I would have freaked Just goes to show you doesn't it Steph how our dog's protect us. Sometimes we think we have a wuzz and then this happens. Bless them all for protecting you.
You still wannnaaa swop?
Elaine xxx

ps I have a mental image now of Brucey standing on your shed, saying "get me down mum, get me down"
Elaine xxxx
He has his Wuzz moments, I think once the adrenalin rush had gone, he wasn't so brave
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Well done Bruce I bet you are well in the good books.
Just shows you how high/determined a dog can jump.....never thought he had it in him......Skye was just as bad though she was trying desperately to clear the fence
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >