View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 09:41 PM

BBC 2 - Louis Theroux - America's Most Dangerous Pets.

Anyone watching?

I'm not sure whether to be shocked, surprised or if I should have known to expect what I've just watched!!

Catch up on iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...angerous_Pets/
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Typical!
Idiots allowed to own wild animals!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Not a nice life for the animals.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I can really see what he has to say ive never liked seeing wild animals in cages either.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 10:46 PM
It just made me sad. The bloke with the "roadside zoo" seemed to have his heart in the right place, but breeding wild animals to fund the sanctuary is just plain wrong IMO. Watching that bear cub pace backwards and forwards in that tiny roadside cage was heart wrenching.

The worst bit for me though was the chimps, what a way to keep such intelligent animals.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Just watched it on iPlayer - how sad why don't they have laws there to protect wild animals? :/
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 06:51 AM
I watched it and was appalled. So very sad. The guy with all the big cats may have "thought" he had there best interests at heart but whuyyy the h*ll is he allowed to breed these animals it can't be for preservation as there is no genetic checks etc in actuality he was even breeding crosses and hybrids absolutely hated it and it sat really uncomfortably with me and those poor monkeys with their ears pierced because they enjoyed looking pretty. It may be "all they have known" for some of these poor animals but it still doesn't sit right with me
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
I watched it and was appalled. So very sad. The guy with all the big cats may have "thought" he had there best interests at heart but whuyyy the h*ll is he allowed to breed these animals it can't be for preservation as there is no genetic checks etc in actuality he was even breeding crosses and hybrids absolutely hated it and it sat really uncomfortably with me and those poor monkeys with their ears pierced because they enjoyed looking pretty. It may be "all they have known" for some of these poor animals but it still doesn't sit right with me
I felt exactly the same Lynne, especially when he said that, and ended his sentence with.... "doesn't matter whether it's a Bengal, a Siberian, whatever, it's still a tiger, it don't matter"

When he brought out that big white to introduce it to Louis and he had it trained like a dog as iffff he could have held it on that chain Poor bladdy animals, ALL of them, not just those tigers Absolute madness imo.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Just watched it on iPlayer - how sad why don't they have laws there to protect wild animals? :/
Unfortunately their but their is all ways a way round this problem if these people have a liscence then its legal and its the same in this country. Plus having a lot of money helps.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 08:47 AM
I didn't see it and by the sound of the comments, I am glad I didn't
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >