Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
The people who I have met who have said they use his methods and they work, when you actually ask them what they do, it is things that any decent dog trainer wouls suggest...as to things going wrong - not that I know of with dogs he has worked with, but many people who have come to me after they have tried what they have seen
Agreed. I think a lot of it is to do with being consistant with their dog. Hopefully they don't pin their dogs down or use e-collars.
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Yes, but have they just ignored all the advice, and waded in there tssting and oiing and clicking their fingers all over the place, without truly knowing what they are doing? I am talking about sensible people who like myself have watched the programme, read at least one book and generally done their homework ... if not eaten the stew ... and have a good grounding in how to have a well balanced dog ... like wot I've got !!
It depends on what book.
I read one of his books and believed a lot of what he said. Years later I have discovered it's factually incorrect in many places.
I find a lot of dog owners just look at Cesar rather than him, Ian Dunbar and Victoria Stilwell, for example.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by TangoCharlie View Post
Is there any evidence anywhere from any of Cesar's clients as to weather he has done a good job or a bad job.

Surely if he is so misguided there will be people standing up about it.
I have used Cesar type methods with a dog trainer with success, also use other techniques with success.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Pretty much every owner I meet round here says they use CM's methods
But in reality I havent seen anyone that really does, everyone uses a mishmash of common sense, punishment and reward - and the dogs tend to be pretty easy bombproof dogs who muddle on regardless
I am seeing a growing trend to people blaiming Dominance on every little problem
But the few dogs with real problems in the main the people have not used CM's methods but either have got in a behaviourist or just keep the dog on a lead and live with the problem
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2