Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:25 AM

A couple of Lassie moments, a kamikaze and a couple of breakthroughs

Well yesterday was a good day, my OH took the dogs out (2) in the morning whilst I sorted out appointments which needed to be sorted. He came back and told me he'd slipped in the ice and only one was loyal enough to come back - I'd let you guess but you will probably have no idea which 2 I'm on about - It was surprisingly Louie who is in essence a girls dog and listens to his mum more than his dad so his first Lassie moment where he stood and waited for my OH to get up and get sorted - without being told to come back or anything then went when my OH released him :O

His second Lassie moment was when I slipped on some black ice - didnt fall, but he stopped dead in his tracks and then just sat there looking at me in that spaniel way then we walked on. Then as we were walking up to meet my OH from boxing - I decided it was far too cold to stay outside so took him just inside the door to watch - normally he is scared of men, and although a little fidgety and looking uncomfortable - I let him off and he stole a boxing glove (luckliy it was my OH's) and had a good old game of chase with the lads (you only need to tell him to put it down )

Then he got fusses off everyone

Now the Kamikaze - I let him off at the top of the front garden where there is a wall above the grass - not a big one, but I guess he'd gotten giddy and he just jumped and hurt his leg - he shook it off though

And the breakthroughs - except for when my OH was walking him in the morning - I think he understands the concept of "walk", heel wasnt working so I changed it as it didn't register with him to heel but to come to my side and sit when we were treat training and when I'd turn him around and he'd have to turn with me so now it goes "Heel" then as soon as I've turned then "Look" so he knows who to focus on and then "walk" and he seemed to have got it yesterday - but I'm not getting too giddy cos todays a different day!