Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
letty
New Member!
Female 

28-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Weeing alot?

my dog is nearly 11 months old, very house trained, he only wees a few times a day but yesterday he stopped alot to wee and last night i let him out for a wee and he did nothing, then we went to bed and he did a very large wee on our bed which is very unlike him. i am wondering if this is a sign of illness or anything? if anyone could help, i would be very grateful, thankyou
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by letty View Post
my dog is nearly 11 months old, very house trained, he only wees a few times a day but yesterday he stopped alot to wee and last night i let him out for a wee and he did nothing, then we went to bed and he did a very large wee on our bed which is very unlike him. i am wondering if this is a sign of illness or anything? if anyone could help, i would be very grateful, thankyou
Hi Letty and welcome to Dogsey .

Any change of habits in dogs should be investigated.

Firstly I would consider a trip to the vet to rule out a urinary tract infection or other health related problem . Try to take a sample if you can .

Next consider if there has been any change of routine/circumstances that could have upset your dog. Have you changed anything or done anything differently, has someone new or with a bitch been in your house?

Lastly rather than 'letting your dog out' last thing if you take him for a short walk preferably to a place used by other dogs this will stimulate him to relieve himself and you can be sure he is empty before bed time. Also you need to thoroughly clean where your puppy previously soiled with a none ammonia based cleaner like biological washing powder to remove every trace of the scent of urine.
letty
New Member!
Female 

28-07-2010, 01:15 PM
thats really helpful, thankyou very much.