Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2008, 07:59 PM

Growth on Skye's head

As per Lotties thread................

Skye has a wee bobble on his head. It started of as wee pink bobble about the size of a rice crispie. Now it's almost the size of a sugar puff.

Unlike the problem Lottie has, Skye isn't bothered by it all.

He'll be 9 years old in a few months so wasn't really sure if it was worth getting our vet to have a look.

He also has a 2nd one one the underside of his neck.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Thy may well be warts, some dogs get very warty when they are older but I personally would get them checked out just to make sure that's all they are. If they are growing quite rapidly then it may be worth getting them removed.
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Are they hard?
Biffters has a cyst (what doesn't Biffters have???) on his side that sounds similar...but the skin is flaky??? The vet said it was a cyst and not to worry about it.
Probably best to get them checked though.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks

The one on his head has been the same size for ages but has suddenly taken off !

I did get the big lump on rump (poet i know) checked about 12 months ago and after the results (all clear) came back we decided to live with it.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I personally would have him checked out, 8 years old is certainly not old I am sure the results will be benign but it is better to be safe than sorry
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Personally I would have them checked, the vet may be able to tell you what they are just by looking, but if unsure, they can take a fine needle aspiration - where a needle is inserted into the lump, and the cells are then placed onto a microscope slide which will more than likely be sent away for analysis.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Personally I would have them checked, the vet may be able to tell you what they are just by looking, but if unsure, they can take a fine needle aspiration - where a needle is inserted into the lump, and the cells are then placed onto a microscope slide which will more than likely be sent away for analysis.
Think that's what i'll do. That's what's she (Clair our vet) did with the big lump on his rump.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
It started of as wee pink bobble about the size of a rice crispie. Now it's almost the size of a sugar puff.
:smt005 :smt005

I will never look at my beloved Rice Crispies or Sugar Puffs in the same way again :smt042

On a more serious note, Yes, what the others said
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

06-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Aw Phil sorry to hear Skye has lumps. I hope when you get him to the vet that they will be either just warts, or fatty lumps. Big hugs to Skye from me and doggy kisses from Loki.

Good thoughts going to Skye.

Take care.