View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 06:11 PM
To answer your question Mys. quote "Pork used to be a problem fed raw years back for a reason I can't remember, but with strict new guidleines having been brought in it is now no different to any other meat."

The reason pork was a very iffy food years ago, i.e. humans were only supposed to eat it when there was an "r" in the month at one time, is because pigs carried a very contagious worm/worms, plus many other reasons which I can't remember now, but I was told by a human Food Inspector that pork is actually one of the safest foods to eat nowadays, because of the very strict guidlines pigs have to go through in that awful place they end up in (sorry, I can't type the word, it makes me cringe!)

I'll add a p.s. to that statement, "when it's cooked of course!!" Humans cannot eat pork raw in any form, and I certainly wouldn't want to,even the slightest bit underdone would make you very ill.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 08:18 PM
When pork was a danger it was when they were still feeding them swill and because of a disease called Trichinosis...they banned swill and apparently any reported incidents of Trichinosis in the UK and most of Europe is near on zero. If people are still worried freezing pork for a month or more takes care of the problem so I hear.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 08:26 PM
i never give her a full slice but she loves the fat off the bacon but we only have bacon a few times a month so its never that often...its like with human ...a little of what you fancy......

Alex
xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2