Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 09:02 PM

Hair Dilemma

I just don't know what to have done when I go to the hairdressers next I definately want my hair coloured, seeing as my last home colour was a disaster I'm going to leave it to the professionals really want highlights but I'm struggling to justify spending £75 on my hair every time I have it done

Should I or shan't I? That is the question!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Well whats it look like now?

I will ask my daughter who's a hairdresser for you.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Well whats it look like now?

I will ask my daughter who's a hairdresser for you.
a mess my natural colour is a chocolate brown, and I had the bright idea to go a blondey colour never again! It's gone blonde in places, ginger in others

Style is layered and choppy but fairly long with a side parting/side fringe.

Thanks Colin
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Her advice is that if you want to lighten it, you bleach first to what ever colour you want it be (as that will also remove the ginger bits), and then you use a permanent tint to match your chosen colour.

You could then highlight it after if you wanted to.

In her salon it would cost £70.00 to have done, only because they are bleaching it, but thereafter it would only cost £57.50 a session.

I hope that helps you out.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 11:07 PM
I remember seeing this done when I was at college.After the bleaching was done ready for the tint the woman looked like Russ Abbot doing his Jimmy bit.Had to flee as I couldn't contain myself.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 06:21 PM
i've just had my hair coloured.

they did the foils with 2 colours. i had blonde highlights before which had half grown out so i was brown/blonde. i also had 5 inches chopped off and it was straightened

All for £50

my hair is naturally curly and has been left that way for 20 years so now i have a totally new 'Do' and i love it!!!

just got to get used to the straighteners now

Go for the new look. i will make you feel so much better about yourself. never mind the money its about your self esteem. go for it!!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh go on then you've twisted my arm think I'm going to darken my hair to a reddish brown, then go for blonde highlights through my fringe and bottom layers.

Probably going to keep the style the same - don't know if I've got the guts to change too much at once!

Will get you some before and after photos when I'm all done
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Oh go on then you've twisted my arm think I'm going to darken my hair to a reddish brown, then go for blonde highlights through my fringe and bottom layers.

Probably going to keep the style the same - don't know if I've got the guts to change too much at once!

Will get you some before and after photos when I'm all done
oooh piccies please. cant wait!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
i've just had my hair coloured.

they did the foils with 2 colours. i had blonde highlights before which had half grown out so i was brown/blonde. i also had 5 inches chopped off and it was straightened

All for £50

my hair is naturally curly and has been left that way for 20 years so now i have a totally new 'Do' and i love it!!!

just got to get used to the straighteners now

Go for the new look. i will make you feel so much better about yourself. never mind the money its about your self esteem. go for it!!
Just did exactly the same thing and love it too. You'll get used to the straighteners.