Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
The cat was introduced into this country (and other countries) and as such is a domesticated animal (not a wild animal who has to fend for itself). Therefore, the cat, as a domesticated species, should not be allowed to become a feral creature. It is irresponsible and many feral cats suffer great hardship trying to get by in the wild. Once again, it is human beings who are responsible and IMO there should be no populations of feral cats - A feral cat is a neglected cat, whether it is a cat which was born as a feral kitten, or an animal which has been rendered homeless by thoughtless owners.

There is not much that is beautiful about feral cats. It is impressive how they manage to survive like they do, but IMO no cat should have to live a feral life and it is an indictment on us as human beings that they have to live like they do.
Exactly so but that does not stop my admiration for their evolvement and tenacity. I find them fascinating in their difference from our domestic cats in nature.

Two generations on and they have changed from domestic to wild; that is a huge progress. survive and thrive in rural areas in spite of what we have done to them.
By that time they are no longer a domestic animal.

They are survivors and to be admired greatly. Watching then enthrals me as much as watching badgers

NB Saint Patrick had a cat so they have been here many centuries.

Ah well; I must admire and nurture alone!

Malpeki; I feel so sad for you for you are so unhappy where you are.

Blessings and peace and over and out for me on this...
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post

Malpeki; I feel so sad for you for you are so unhappy where you are.

Blessings and peace and over and out for me on this...

Oh Rosebud, even over hundreds and hundreds of miles far away, I really can feel the sincerity and honesty of your consolation giving words
I thank you so much for!

though they really weren't necessary,
as fact is, that I'm not sad at all ...rather amused
and I do absolutely love where I'm living
and I do have a beautiful home
so no reason for me being unhappy

you may save your sincere compassion for these poor creatures which doesn't have a home at all
and of whom it will get more and more all the time
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
The cat was introduced into this country (and other countries) and as such is a domesticated animal (not a wild animal who has to fend for itself). Therefore, the cat, as a domesticated species, should not be allowed to become a feral creature. It is irresponsible and many feral cats suffer great hardship trying to get by in the wild. Once again, it is human beings who are responsible and IMO there should be no populations of feral cats - A feral cat is a neglected cat, whether it is a cat which was born as a feral kitten, or an animal which has been rendered homeless by thoughtless owners.

There is not much that is beautiful about feral cats. It is impressive how they manage to survive like they do, but IMO no cat should have to live a feral life and it is an indictment on us as human beings that they have to live like they do.
Good post. aerolor
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2